A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Riding Air

Ordered my Carbon Black RS3 in Tango Red in November 2021, with an anticipated delivery date of 1st September, 2022.

No build date as yet!!

discosteve

Or do some dealers have more luck with there orders than others?
Ordered a Daytona Grey S3 Vorsprung in Feb this year and the latest update i had was build week 44 , so fingers crossed!

dty

Or do some dealers have more luck with there orders than others?
Ordered a Daytona Grey S3 Vorsprung in Feb this year and the latest update i had was build week 44 , so fingers crossed!
It makes no sense. I ordered an S3 Vorspring in early January and don't have a build week yet.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Ordered my Carbon Black RS3 in Tango Red in November 2021, with an anticipated delivery date of 1st September, 2022.

No build date as yet!!
If you've no build date as yet or even if you had its a unconfirmed one which can move way on into 2023
I've had build week 47 ,49 and now week 09 of 2023 and l ordered the last week of September

Mado97

I've now been given a confirmed build date on w/c 5th September 2022 after ordering December 2021. Roughly how long would i be waiting until I get delivery of the car in the UK?

DE1975

I've now been given a confirmed build date on w/c 5th September 2022 after ordering December 2021. Roughly how long would i be waiting until I get delivery of the car in the UK?

Generally speaking, it should be delivered 4-6 weeks after it's built. That does assume it is built to completion in the build week you have been given. There have been cars being built to 99% completion, then sat around waiting for parts to be fitted requiring semi conductors which have been in short supply.

Riding Air

Generally speaking, it should be delivered 4-6 weeks after it's built. That does assume it is built to completion in the build week you have been given. There have been cars being built to 99% completion, then sat around waiting for parts to be fitted requiring semi conductors which have been in short supply.
Just spoken to another dealer about lead times, and they have quoted a minimum of 12 months for S & RS models.

Problem now is not semi conductors, but the fact that wiring looms for all VAG group cars are made in Ukraine!

Moots

I ordered an S3 Vorsprung in may and have been given a confirmed build week of 44 which is first week of November. So hoping it arrives this year, the guy said that thing a we’re starting to flow a little more freely now so hopefully that holds.

Mado97

That will make it around 11 months wait for the car then if everything goes well!

Ameus

I ordered my S3 Vorsprung Saloon Navarra Blue in May 2021. I ended up with confirmed build week 21 and it arrived week 28. So, about 15 months from order to delivery - if you’re being told 12 months that’s already an improvement!

discosteve

It really does seem to be luck of the draw!
Perhaps i'll get the car i ordered this year, or it might slip to next year?
Kind of wish i had kept my S3 a bit longer instead of taking the stop gap car which the dealer had in stock

FishyFinger

Just chased my lease company for an update as my build week of 34 had been removed. its now been pushed back from wk 34 to 2023 wk 01. That's 16+ months from order to build and that is not even a firmed date. Seriously thinking of cancelling. I have asked what the hold up is as if is due to parts for an optional extra then give me the option to cancel it and bring the delivery forward. Absolute disgusting service and customer care from Audi. Sadly if i switch manufacturer i am back at the end of the queue and therefore stuck if Audi.

KekKek

I have a 45 TFSI e on order too, been told today its still May 2023 for my delivery but no build slot allocated.

Decided to call around and it turns out any new orders for 45 TFSI e models are specifically allocated as Q2 2023 deliveries.

I raised issues with the facelift in 2024 (assuming regular scheduling) and the dealer seems to think that will be a bit longer due to all of the delays - he cited the A1, Q3 and Q8 all not receiving proper facelift and have been around since 2018. Fair point I guess.

Lastly, I still can't add the ambient lighting pack to the car as its not available.

Options added:
S+C pack
HBA
Lumbar support

Excited to drive a 250BHP hybrid. Yet to order a car charger for home but I'll do that early next year.

FishyFinger

Chased Audi UK again to see if changing my options would bring the build week forward. they said it makes no difference. build week now confirmed as 02 2023. I wanted to cancel my order but i don't think its a good idea as i will be at the back of the queue with BMW or Merc and will have a minimum 6-8 months wait for a new vehicle, so i just have to hang on in there. if they had told me back in September 2021 when i ordered it that it going to take 18 months, I would not of ordered it.

Chrisace79

I have a 45 TFSI e on order too, been told today its still May 2023 for my delivery but no build slot allocated.

Decided to call around and it turns out any new orders for 45 TFSI e models are specifically allocated as Q2 2023 deliveries.

I raised issues with the facelift in 2024 (assuming regular scheduling) and the dealer seems to think that will be a bit longer due to all of the delays - he cited the A1, Q3 and Q8 all not receiving proper facelift and have been around since 2018. Fair point I guess.

Lastly, I still can't add the ambient lighting pack to the car as its not available.

Options added:
S+C pack
HBA
Lumbar support

Excited to drive a 250BHP hybrid. Yet to order a car charger for home but I'll do that early next year.
When did you place your order mine as been on order since end of January and just been pushed back to estimated delivery end of December 2022 ?

RiceKrispy

I ordered 45 TFSI e back in Nov 2021.
Still don't have a confirmed build date. Dealer just says should be expected Nov 22. Probably just a case of they haven't got a clue but don't want me to cancel and take my custom elsewhere.
I'm really fed up of waiting now.

KekKek

Sorry double post but an interesting update for everyone who has ordered a 45 TFSI e S line Competition:

There are no build slots allocated for that model for the rest of the year, all build slots will be allocated early next year for delivery Q2.

Apparently Audi are focusing on building other specs this year. I assume the hybrid tech is a factor but this wasn't mentioned to me.

If anyone receives a confirmed build slot for this model this year, definitely let me know but I trust the source.

pocket

Sorry double post but an interesting update for everyone who has ordered a 45 TFSI e S line Competition:

There are no build slots allocated for that model for the rest of the year, all build slots will be allocated early next year for delivery Q2.

Apparently Audi are focusing on building other specs this year. I assume the hybrid tech is a factor but this wasn't mentioned to me.

If anyone receives a confirmed build slot for this model this year, definitely let me know but I trust the source.
Ordered 45 TFSI e S Line Competition as new company car last August. Checked with lease co., say they expect it this November. Will be interesting to see if that's the stock "fob off", or if it will appear. Already had my old car taken off me for excessive mileage and uneconomical to repair! Running around in a series of hire/pool cars!

Mado97

They’ve taken parking sensors off now even with comfort and sound. Getting ridiculous now
That is a joke. Do you know if audi offer any compensation on parts tbey cannot fit. I hope that audi still fulfill my order with then on in C&S pack as well as the ambient lighting. It would be so annoying to wait a year for the car and not have these features.

KekKek

Ordered 45 TFSI e S Line Competition as new company car last August. Checked with lease co., say they expect it this November. Will be interesting to see if that's the stock "fob off", or if it will appear. Already had my old car taken off me for excessive mileage and uneconomical to repair! Running around in a series of hire/pool cars!
I hope you do get it this year, I ordered April so definitely no chance this year for me. Remember to post pics when you get it, finding info on the 45tfsi e is like gold dust.

Chrisace79

That is a joke. Do you know if audi offer any compensation on parts tbey cannot fit. I hope that audi still fulfill my order with then on in C&S pack as well as the ambient lighting. It would be so annoying to wait a year for the car and not have these features.
Sensors rear electric child locks and ambient lighting all gone I have been told still get camera just no sound and tone this was relayed from my dealer over a month ago also no price reduction as standard parts removed not optional extras

Jason1987

I was told to still place my order as they may get added back on and then I can just cancel my order if they aren’t. Is that true or are Audi just telling me that so I order? They also say you can get your £1k deposit back it I cancel, is that true?