A3/S3 delivery lead time?

It's all madness..however its worked out well for me as due to the long delay I've been able to cash in on the used car market and sell my SEAT leon FR for circa £14.5k crazy money ...after paying off the remaining PCP finance balance it left me with a decent some of cash...... audi originally valued my car for part ex at 10k....crazy
That’s mad and a bonus for you then with the extra cash. I sold my Fiesta ST in April last year so I’ve been without my own car since then. It’ll be nice to actually have something I can call my own.

That’s mad and a bonus for you then with the extra cash. I sold my Fiesta ST in April last year so I’ve been without my own car since then. It’ll be nice to actually have something I can call my own.
I no the feeling I quite enjoyed the other half chauffeuring me around at first now I want my freedom back

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I no the feeling I quite enjoyed the other half chauffeuring me around at first now I want my freedom back

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I wasn’t that lucky to be driven around. I’ve been jumping between all the company cars and have been stuck with a diesel VW touran the last 5 months which I’m fed up of now in all honesty. Can’t complain really as I’ve still been mobile since my own car was sold.

Ive had confirmation from the dealer that my build date of week 8 is still a estimate... not great

So my Estimated build week is circa 2.5weeks away. When should I expect the estimate to change to fixed date?

Probably on the date that they start building on it..lol

So my Estimated build week is circa 2.5weeks away. When should I expect the estimate to change to fixed date?

Mine became a confirmed date 3 weeks before, so you're close! If not already there and it hasn't been communicated.

But the car missed it's confirmed build week lol

Mine was confirmed 2 weeks after the car was built, that’s how good my updates have been.

This thread makes me so frustrated and helpless about getting another new A3 in 2023. The lease price is also way OTT. So I just went ahead and extended my current A3 lease for another year until 2024 and the new price is not too shabby either.

At long last I have a confirmed build week- week 7,14th Feb. Was estimated week 11, brought forward by 4 weeks and confirmed. Was supposed to pick it up backnin Sept. At least we seem to be moving in the right direction.

Reactions: Ameus, JustLulu, MF DOOMER and 4 others
At long last I have a confirmed build week- week 7,14th Feb. Was estimated week 11, brought forward by 4 weeks and confirmed. Was supposed to pick it up backnin Sept. At least we seem to be moving in the right direction.

Great news! Light at the end of the tunnel! When did you order? Yours sounds similar to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news! Light at the end of the tunnel! When did you order? Yours sounds similar to mine.

Order was placed start on March 21.
Edition 1 35 tfsi, auto. Extras- spare wheel, roof rails and advance key.

Great news. Just rang my dealer. Car is at uk port and awaiting registration. They even gave me the VIN number. Not long now surely

Reactions: JustLulu
Great news. Just rang my dealer. Car is at uk port and awaiting registration. They even gave me the VIN number. Not long now surely
Excellent. Can I ask when it was built. My daughter was told week 49 for her build. She is still being told the vehicle is due to be built week 49. No one can confirm if it has been built, where it is, In transit or otherwise. All anyone will say is ,"due to be built week 49." Really poor, updates cone across as if they have lost all records of production etc

I got my VIN last Thursday with the same info and I’ve heard nothing since. Fingers crossed it’s soon for us both.

Excellent. Can I ask when it was built. My daughter was told week 49 for her build. She is still being told the vehicle is due to be built week 49. No one can confirm if it has been built, where it is, In transit or otherwise. All anyone will say is ,"due to be built week 49." Really poor, updates cone across as if they have lost all records of production etc
Was not given any updates or build weeks. We only foumd things out when we get in contact. I built my car on the audi app with my VIN number so i know its real now. I ordered in july and was told october delivery

Just in case anyone is interested I’ve attached a link below where you can track the ships in and out of Emden. The ones to look for are the Vehicle Carriers with a destination of Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne. They appear to be the main ones that the ships go to from (Audi) Emden Port. Link below.

Emden Port Vessel Tracker

Finally took delivery of my A3 Black Edition today! It’s been a bumpy journey but I finally got there in the end.

Reactions: Paisley Princess, JustLulu, Maddave and 1 other person
Just had an update - my car is stage 38 - port of exit released! Got my VIN as well. Hopefully won’t be too long now

Just had an update - my car is stage 38 - port of exit released! Got my VIN as well. Hopefully won’t be too long now
Great news. The longer it goes on for me, the more I feel I no longer want the car. Wish I had looked at the 1 series prior to ordering, feel it is made of higher quality materials.

Great news. The longer it goes on for me, the more I feel I no longer want the car. Wish I had looked at the 1 series prior to ordering, feel it is made of higher quality materials.
I was on the fence over the 1 series and A3 at time of purchase. I felt like the Audi had more of the wow factor over all. Hang on in there - surely can’t be much longer.

I was on the fence over the 1 series and A3 at time of purchase. I felt like the Audi had more of the wow factor over all. Hang on in there - surely can’t be much longer.
No so sure about wow factor but on closer inspection the BMW has a far better finish than the A3.

No so sure about wow factor but on closer inspection the BMW has a far better finish than the A3.
BMW has always been great for the interior finishes and quality but there was something for me about the A3 that was better than the BMW. I prefer the interior and exterior of the A3. I had looked at the 1 series before the A3 but was never a fan of the styling of the new one.

I can't speak on the interior of the BMW 1 series (although I've read that it's of a higher quality finish than the a3). But the exterior in my opinion is not good at all.... the front does not look good .. the grill really bothers me for some reason.... the sides are very average..not much going on... the rear looks decent however

Just ordered A3 tfsi s/tronic edition one
turbo blue
sight sound pack
spare wheel
hoping for sept delivery
storage pack

Just ordered A3 tfsi s/tronic edition one
turbo blue
sight sound pack
spare wheel
hoping for sept delivery
storage pack
Good choice. Good luck with delivery. Things may be improving. I ordered in March 21 with the promise of Sept delivery. Its now looking late April.

Reactions: Zoomer
Good choice. Good luck with delivery. Things may be improving. I ordered in March 21 with the promise of Sept delivery. Its now looking late April.
my current A 3 is 2 yrs old in sept , so im Not too desperate yet .

Just been advised my build date brought forward to 3rd week of January.
So it did go into build in week 3...but is still there. Its been showing as In Production for a fortnight now. Dealer reckons its waiting on components, but would they start it if they hadn't got everything? Or maybe body is done but not started fitting out? Anyone else had similar hold-up once in Production?

So it did go into build in week 3...but is still there. Its been showing as In Production for a fortnight now. Dealer reckons its waiting on components, but would they start it if they hadn't got everything? Or maybe body is done but not started fitting out? Anyone else had similar hold-up once in Production?
My parents had a Q3 delivered recently and they had the same delay. The car was 3/4 built and awaiting parts.

In the current times it seems like this is happening regularly. I remember seeing a post of Fords production plant in the US with row after row of pickup trucks waiting for semi conductors.

My parents had a Q3 delivered recently and they had the same delay. The car was 3/4 built and awaiting parts.

In the current times it seems like this is happening regularly. I remember seeing a post of Fords production plant in the US with row after row of pickup trucks waiting for semi conductors.
Thanks, makes me feel a bit better

I ordered my replacement S3 20th Nov. Dealer suggested an April/May 2022 delivery. Having heard nothing, I chased and got an extract from their system, which suggested the original build week was 47/2022, but that has now moved forward to 30/2022. Guess it’s earlier.

That likely means a September delivery to me, which is not in itself an issue.

As it was ordered to spec available in November, and it will be built, maybe, in summer 2022, does that mean it will actually be a different spec, due to model year changeover in April/May?

It’s an S3, with sound and comfort pack and rotor wheels (same as I have now) in turbo blue, so nothing too special, no sunroof to delay it further.

Reactions: Zoomer
I got the call I’ve been waiting for this afternoon. Cars ready to collect next Thursday morning. Can’t wait. 1 week to go.

Reactions: Paisley Princess, Maddave, MF DOOMER and 5 others