A3/S3 8V: Personalised Registration Numbers (Private Plates)

Very nice and a great price ,I'm still looking :)

Kez is cheap but Kel is a different story lol

That plate along with a number of cool 'TH15' plates were bought by new reg.com who added £100 and sold the next day.

Yep no good TH15 plates left however PN15 XXX is still going (PENIS) haha.

The best plate I saw recently spelt BASIC on a Lamborghini

Mine does not match any Audi or sig, but has been in the family since mid 1930's (Bedford location) started on a old Wolsey :uk:
From an earlier post I also wondered what happens when the car is written off that was very helpful

So i have found another. . A12BXC my initials are "ARB" X for nothing and C for my wife Claire. £250 too.. no brainer!
Kinda....lol

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to have a thoughtful gf (who is now a my wife) buy me for my 21st bday my personal plate which I've had on my cars for the past 10 years.

W19GSY which is basically my surname WIGGS and my knick name WIGGSY.

I did think W16GSY would have been better with the 6 looking like a capital G but it wasn't available apparently so I let her off with the justification that the 9 resembles a lower case g lol

So I bought my private registration today.. 'BO05 TGO' it may not be to everybody's taste with it having 7 characters or it not being personal, but I think it's going to fit well with the car .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424112444871198

Reactions: Brennan, elpaulio and Rob2k68
So I bought my private registration today.. 'BO05 TGO' it may not be to everybody's taste with it having 7 characters or it not being personal, but I think it's going to fit well with the car .

View attachment 50871
That's frikking awesome mate!!! I love it! Jealous

Reactions: S3orge
So I did a quick mock fit of my plate this morning... Chuffed with the look. Excuse the cleanliness!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424347277998096

Reactions: AndyB-S3
^^ Where did you get plates made up?

I still haven't bought a plate yet but what's peoples thoughts on this? a bit dodgy?..lol

S3 shiny

A17 UYB - a strategically placed screw in middle of the U to look like a D.. haha
ANDY B

Hate having a very common name...:(

I used a company called Fullhouse customs mate. He will make it look how you wish I think, but he was also very helpful as to what he thinks is acceptable without getting tugged by the old bill. To be honest you may be pushing it by trying to make a 'U' look like a 'D' but hey why not give it a go. It's not like people aren't driving round with plates like that is it! It's how much you want to risk getting a marker against your plate I suppose also?

Cool mate cheers,

yeah that will be a bit too dodgy to make a D out of a U.. haha..

found another though that's marginally better..

F17 DYB - haha maybe not much better... maybe I should just get my initials.. pmsl
S3 shiny

What about 'A17 DYB'? I take it that isn't available or is stupidly priced haha

Last edited:
That would have been pretty decent but unfortunately not available..:(

Right I am getting bored looking at plates now.. think I will give up.. Found 1 last plate before I retire though..

OO53 ARB - Kinda car related and my initials. lol

If you speak like Jonathan Ross.....
Reg

Reactions: DommyR and AndyB-S3
Was looking at S30 ODO, looks like the audi 4 rings when spaced differently

I've been thinking about a FA57 registration with my initials but not sure if I'd just find it passé after a while, or if it'll be one that makes me look like a knob.

There are not many single digit suffix registrations, 12 in total left with my initials, only three that I like all F's so they want £600 which I think is a bit steep. I would have liked a single digit E reg as my first car was E reg but alas none available.

I've got F1NLV on my S3.
My sons name is Finlay so pretty much the closest I could get. F1NLY sold years ago at auction for a fortune.
I was lucky enough to get it when they released the F's a few years back.

To be honest I'll be gutted when he's got his first car and takes it off me!

Ive now found one I like and it means something to me, K18 PRD. My wife's name is Katrina and we first met on 1st August 2003. And the rest is my initials. Best bit it was only £250. Just waiting for the Certs to arrive.

Will be fitted to my S3 from the start. Well happy. :):):)

Ive now found one I like and it means something to me, K18 PRD. My wife's name is Katrina and we first met on 1st August 2003. And the rest is my initials. Best bit it was only £250. Just waiting for the Certs to arrive.

Will be fitted to my S3 from the start. Well happy. :):):)
lol similar to mine N88 SLA. N is the wifes initial 88 is the year I started driving and SLA my initials, also £250...got the papers within 2 days.

Fr

Re

Reactions: Brasso
Upload 2015 4 10 10 1 0

Does this just look like a 13 plate or can I pass it off as ARB CAB? Mine and the wifes initials..

Ish.. For it to work you'd need to bunch it all up I think. That's the trouble for it to become really personalised you'll need to wait 10+ years until 13 is considered old

I have been tempted by private plates on and off over the years but can't seem to find a decent one. Prefer 5 or 6 characters.

Was wondering how quickly plates get whipped off a stolen car? Does a private plate lessen the chance of theft at all, even if only slightly?

I am sure could find someone who would make me a plate like this??..
Mycar

LOL :)

MP53 AUD available for only £250 though - kinda looks like my initials, S3 then AUD (tenuous?)

A company called full house customs will make you a plate how you wish. He is very good and I would recommend him. He did these for me
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428658051118173

Reactions: Blackwhite
A company called full house customs will make you a plate how you wish. He is very good and I would recommend him. He did these for me View attachment 55870

Ha! That's spooky, I've just emailed them for a price on some gel plates. What did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking

There good quality mate, they were £40-£45 delivered. He also chucked in some sticky back pads

Reactions: MA3RC
Cheers bud, I have also just emailed him. still not 100% sure though.. really want an "Andy" Plate but don't wanna spend £££'s. :(

Yea they can become silly money! I fancied something a little different to my name as I couldn't really get anything that looked remotely like mine without paying a fortune.

Currently have my private plate of JM11 EEE (first name is Jamie)

Have seen JE13EER though on DVLA, (J - first name, E - second name and Beer is my last name) So tempted, thoughts guys?

Also has anyone ever sold their private plates on one of the online reg sites?

Jamie, That similar to me using 13 for a B. Looks pretty good though.. :)

god I am addicted to looking again.. what about this one...

Y384 NDYAndy

Chances of the rozzers getting me for that??

Word of warning with sticky pads!!! Make sure that the plates are spot on before you let them touch the paint/plastic. The sticky pads that I got with my UltraTek plates are sticky as hell, I only just let them touch/stick to see if the plates were level etc. and they had stuck to the point that they wouldn't move!!! Luckily I have a steady hand and they were spot on...so I then applied pressure to all the pads and they are rock solid....they will not be coming off in a hurry :)