A3/S3 8V: Personalised Registration Numbers (Private Plates)

Just looking at the DVLA site and for £250 I can get a plate starting S30 or S300 plus my initials. Silly idea or not.........can't make my mind up?!

Your choice mate,i have one personal to me not the car.If you fancy one go for it,you'll not lose money on a plate;)

Go for a cherished one like an NI plate or something not linked to S3 as you may want to retain for £80 transfer. I am considering one myself as Audi dealer will pay the £80 transfer cost. Cherished reg a big thing in NI it seems. Wilsonsausctions.com are good - direct link to DVLA. Option of buy online, Auction or Tender.

Reactions: Woody86
Just looking at the DVLA site and for £250 I can get a plate starting S30 or S300 plus my initials. Silly idea or not.........can't make my mind up?!
wow how freaky! I was in work last night and I thought about the same thing!!! I thought S300 for S3 (obviously) and also the 300 part for the BHP!!! I have S31 and S300 available with my nickname for the last 3 letters which is just an abbreviation of my surname. The S is also for Steve lol.

But then S17 is also available S-Steve, 1-L Lee (middle name), 7-birth month then my surname/nickname on the last 3 letters!!! Also £250 and could be used on other cars.

Or more obvious http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov...2.y=28&super=&super_pricefrom=&super_priceto=

I think it gives the car an extra look i got mine when i was 21 so was

S21 AOS:
S, doesnt mean much
21, was my age
AOS, My intials A is for Anthony OS is for Owens

Simples
hahaha

Never been that bothered about them myself, but go for it if you want it!

Had mine since '99, m2 srt. Steven Richard Thoseby. I also wanted a Subaru back then and all their wrc cars had srt licence plates. Will also be cool if ever I want a dodge or Chrysler muscle car lol.

Go for it if thats what you want buddy :)

Been looking myself on the DVLA site & there is still plenty of £250 S3 one's available :thumbs up:

IMO if you have to explain it then it's a no although ones that spell names are stupidly expensive.

I've got one that's linked to my name and I take it from car to car, buy once and it doesn't cost much to transfer it.

Plates linked to types of cars are best left on the car so you'll lose it when you sell but if you're not worried about the cost of plates, go for it.

Had mine for 10 years and is linked to my name!! R15ADH and my name is RIAD surname begins with an H!!
Priceless to me!!:)

Had mine for 10 years and is linked to my name!! R15ADH and my name is RIAD surname begins with an H!!
Priceless to me!!:)
Mine is N8WYD

Reactions: Reggieboy71
Lewbo is a nickname my parents used to call me when I were a young lad so one Christmas they got me L2WBO. Now everyone calls me it after that haha.

Been looking for a new one for the S3 as that plate is staying on my 8P as I'm keeping that car too lol. Don't want anything S3 related as it will have to go with the car.

Had mine for around 5 years it's W80 DYO. I did space it differently and put the fixing in the middle of the 8 but I changed it back when I became a law abiding citizen.
But personalised plates will always be a marmite topic

I would recommend not getting a car related plate. As cars move on, if you want one get one that means something to you that you can move on when you change cars.
H982 FKL is available........ woops!

I've got a plate on mine, which has my initials and a random letter and number preceding it. I did however look for A3 MSR, but no joy. A guy around my way used to own an S3 with the plate S3 WOW. Now that was a cool plate

Mines V60BHP. Was from the XF before the S3. V6 - 60 my year of birth and BHP my initials

S300 for S3 (obviously) and also the 300 part for the BHP!!!

Been looking myself on the DVLA site & there is still plenty of £250 S3 one's available :thumbs up:

Decided to get an S300 plate with my initials. At £250 including transfer its a snip and, since I'm planning on keeping the car, it might just make it more saleable a few years on.

Bought KY13 SSS for my S3 sportback as my sons name is Kyle, looked at getting an S3 related plate but couldn't get anything to match my initials or the kids and car specific, also bought EM14 SSS for my daughter as name is Emma and born in 2014 but that will stay on retention just now

I gor mine in 97 for my Christmas. Wanted 5 digits as I love short (but legal) plates they just catch the eye so much more.

I don't have a middle name so picked L7 O** (with the last 2 being my initials).
I had illegal plates which read L70 ** but as I got older decided wasn't worth the hassle!

Still love short plates even if they cause all kinds of grief white what lies underneath!!

It has gotten a right PITA getting plates swapped aince they closed all the local offices down...spend 2-3gra in a queue and once you come out swap the plate and job done!!

My Dad has a private plate on retention when he downsized his motorcycle fleet
K666HHH.....if anybody fancies it let me know!!

This thread has got me searching for the perfect plate...

So far have come up with S31 AXC.. S3 for the obvious.. But 31 is also my DOB. A For Andy, X just because and C for my wife Claire.

Maybe a bit naff, looking at loads tho. Lol

Mines was a fairly simple choice, I went for S3 PXL... S3 obviously for the car and the P for Paul (Me) L for Lexie (My daughter) and the X is for + or a kiss as it's just me and my daughter and she's my everything.

Soppy as ****?? Yeah, but I dont care :moa::moa:

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant, Rob2k68 and AndyB-S3
That's what I thought about the X for.. I have found another though. On same lines as above but S3 CXA. Claire &/kiss Andy lol. Only £250. Couldn't afford not to buy it.. haha

Reactions: elpaulio
I'm considering MR51 BFC (MRS BFC) for my wife, an absolutely obsessive Burnley fan.

Reactions: AndyB-S3
I miss PA, it's odd that a PP thread has gone on this long with no abuse being hurled :)

I'm considering a PP myself but the wife isn't keen and she controls the money stuff. Still plenty that would suit me for £250.

Reactions: Phil-1 and veeeight
S3 DPU just purchased for my new S3 Sportback March delivery. First Name: Darren Surname: Pullen. £250 well spent

Reactions: elpaulio and AndyB-S3
I tried to get TH15 CAR, but it sold within minutes!! I thought of it as a potential money maker. It was advertised at £1200. I'd like to think I could've maybe doubled my money on resale. But it wasn't meant to be.

Reactions: AndyB-S3
I tried to get TH15 CAR, but it sold within minutes!! I thought of it as a potential money maker. It was advertised at £1200. I'd like to think I could've maybe doubled my money on resale. But it wasn't meant to be.
That plate along with a number of cool 'TH15' plates were bought by new reg.com who added £100 and sold the next day.

My plate is my name, BG14 HYB.

I changed my name by deed poll to match my reg number thought it considerably cheaper than buying a personalised plate!

Reactions: Brasso, elpaulio and AndyB-S3
I've got L8 BDG, Lauren (my wife's name) & Ben Daniel Grant, but most people think it's L8 as I'm always late and BDG is my initials, it looked great on my 8p and even better on the S3 8v,

Reactions: mister.c.
Im looking at buying one, but i can't find what i want with my Initials CJD.

I wanted 1 Letter, 1 Number then my initials but all well over £1000

Ive come up with :

Y111 CJD

CD15 CJD

There is S3 CDU available, which would be first and last name with a U on the end ????

Which works / looks best?

Just spotted C2 DTN which is my first initial, a 2, then my surname abbreviated.... decisions decisions !!

Think its going to be the C2 DTN as i like the look of it on the car

Attachments

• C2DTN.jpg
    C2DTN.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 222
Reactions: Rob2k68
Very difficult to pick the right one without spending loads on one !

Ive gone with the C2 DTN, was £399 all in direct from DVLA

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Kelza