A3/S3 8V Owners Manual - PDF Download

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
Reactions: DrMal, andywil13, JohnM100 and 2 others
Excellent, can have look through before picking up my car tomorrow evening :D

Some really interesting info here. Page 82 (auxiliary heating) wish this was an option sold in the UK market... How nice it would be to jump into a pre warmed car that warms up based on a timer!!!

Do we have Supplementary heating here(says TDI models only) warms the interior faster when the engine is cold....

Reactions: Agent57
i do believe that PDF was my original dropbox link posted previously, and I pulled that together based on JPG's someone had previously uploaded.

happy it has been found useful, although if anyone can figure out how to make it smaller please be my guest.

I have removed my drop box link so the new pdf archive link should be used/quoted instead now.

Last edited:
Reactions: glospete, Bristle Hound and Minion Bob!
@gbernard - many thanks for this. I tried to save it as Adobe PDF Optimised (which is the usual way to make a file smaller) but it only reduced it to 50MG instead of 55.7. Hardly worth it!

Thank you for this! So much easier to search than the paper booklet. I don't understand why Audi doesn't publish a digital version of the manual?

edit: ooops, it's not searchable afterall, but thanks all the same :)

Unfortunately not and My.Audi will only display the vehicles I own so I don't have access to it in order to download it for you. But another cabrio owner could do so. Sorry.

Reactions: deangelj
Only just found this useful thread - the link to the manual returns a message that there is nothing there. The other 2 links work just fine.

Searchable versions already in the Stickies ....... see links at top of this thread.

I used to work in a game center and we had to make pictures for presentations using PDF and convert everything to another format. If someone needs it, select the file format to which you want to export the PDF file and the version https://pdfliner.com/fill_in_pdf_forms_online (or format, if available). For example, if you choose to export a PDF file in Word format, you can export the PDF file in Word document format (.docx) or Word 97-2003 document format (.doc). In the window that opens, you will already need to confirm the operation. By default, the name of the original file with the new extension is used as the file name. The exported file is saved in the same folder as the original.

If anyone is interested I have a PDF of the mk3 FL MY2017 Owners Manual part no. 8V2012720AB (UK/Euro market I believe) printed 07.2016. It contains VC and all MMI details being 420 pages long. I downloaded each page from the myAudi site and compiled them into a PDF high res 123MB and slightly lower res but equally good at 73MB. I did it for my own use so I have a copy to hand on my mobile but happy to share it if anyone wants a copy?

Reactions: ianh and AlS3BE
Hi,wouldn’t mind a copy if poss,no manuals came with mine and it has the vc,been looking online and can’t find anything.

I've found I have both UK and US mk3 FL Owners Manuals in PDF so have uploaded them to my Google drive for others to use. Both manuals cover Virtual Cockpit and MMI.

Audi A3/S3 Owners Manual mk3 FL UK 8V2012720AB printed 07.2016 at 420 pages 72MB here

Audi A3/S3 Owners Manual mk3 FL US 8V2012721BB printed 08.2016 at 400 pages 101MB here

Reactions: JohnM100 and ianh
Important consideration for an e-manual is to be easily searchable with hyperlinks consistent, pagination and of course reliable i.e. specific to your VIN. If not then pretty much a big waste of time and patience. I have one (paid for) which is a paste job for various models and markets. I do not trust it. If the WDs are not VIN specific they are useless.