A3/S3 8V Led cup holder retrofit issues.

Gazpot0111645

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have fitted the LED cup holder light to my Audi S3 8V. I have ran the wiring to the bcm and connected it to the T46B Pin2. I am led to believe that this is the pin for cars with xenons. I have checked byte 17 bit 2 in 09 -cent elec for the cupholder light and still it will not light up. Is there anything else i need to do to get this working? I have double checked that the pin is seated correctly and the earth is good and have also tested with a 9v battery that the unit lights up, which it does. I am now stuck.

Thanks

Seen that video but they have powered theirs from the 12v socket. I have pinned mine into the bcm so it can be controlled from the MMI. Thanks though.

There are definitely adaptation changes in 09 you have to make. Not sure what they are specifically unfortunately.

Seen that video but they have powered theirs from the 12v socket. I have pinned mine into the bcm so it can be controlled from the MMI. Thanks though.
I've tried to do the same in my A3, connecting the cupholder light to T46B pin 2 (RB2) on the BCM according to Audi electrical diagrams, but never could make the MMI controls to adjust the light. I've talked to a lot of people but it seems that nobody knows what's the secret. Maybe there are some specific parameter data loaded in the BCM for the cars that have cupholder lights from factory. Anyway, it's possible to configure the Lichtfunktion channel for the RB2 to dim controlled by the light switch dimmer. That's what I did on my car while I was waiting for a possible solution.

I've tried to do the same in my A3, connecting the cupholder light to T46B pin 2 (RB2) on the BCM according to Audi electrical diagrams, but never could make the MMI controls to adjust the light. I've talked to a lot of people but it seems that nobody knows what's the secret. Maybe there are some specific parameter data loaded in the BCM for the cars that have cupholder lights from factory. Anyway, it's possible to configure the Lichtfunktion channel for the RB2 to dim controlled by the light switch dimmer. That's what I did on my car while I was waiting for a possible solution.

Thanks for your reply. I would love to even get as far as trying to control it through the MMI but my unit will not light up at all. I have connected it to T46B pin 2 and activated the cupholder led through 09 byte 17. Currently I am at a loss.

Thanks for your reply. I would love to even get as far as trying to control it through the MMI but my unit will not light up at all. I have connected it to T46B pin 2 and activated the cupholder led through 09 byte 17. Currently I am at a loss.
Open the Adaptations on module 09 and look for the channel:
ENG116945-ENG116046-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion A 9
set it to the option "Terminal 58xs dimmer"
Cupholder will be controlled by the light switch's dimmer.

Open the Adaptations on module 09 and look for the channel:
ENG116945-ENG116046-Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion A 9
set it to the option "Terminal 58xs dimmer"
Cupholder will be controlled by the light switch's dimmer.

Will give that a go tommorow. Thanks

Reactions: Rcord
That worked a treat Rcord. At least now its lighting up. Seems that controlling it from the MMI is not going to be an option but im happy that it is at least working.

Have you retrofitted the door handle ambient illumination?

I have completed that retrofit today however am wondering if that can be controlled through the MMI. At the moment they illuminate and are also controlled by the dimmer switch. Do you know what adaptation channel I need to look at?

Thanks

For MMI control of the cupholder lights, try these adaptations and let me know if it works.

5F - Adaptations
  • (15)-Vehicle function list BAP-interieur_light_0x08 = Activated (should be set as factory default)
  • (6)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination = activated
  • (7)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_clamp_15_off = not activated
  • (8)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_over_threshold_high = activated
  • (9)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_standstill = not activated
  • (10)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_after_disclaimer = not activated
09 - Adaptations
  • Int. light: 2nd generation-Cockpitbeleuchtung mehrfarbig - Active
  • Int. light: 2nd generation-Helligkeit Cockpitbeleuchtung nicht berechnen - Not Active
  • Interior light: light configuration-Ambientemenue mit alle Zonen - active
  • Interior light: light configuration-Cockpitbeleuchtung - installed
  • Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion A 9 - Ambientelicht 2

For MMI control of the cupholder lights, try these adaptations and let me know if it works.

5F - Adaptations
  • (15)-Vehicle function list BAP-interieur_light_0x08 = Activated (should be set as factory default)
  • (6)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination = activated
  • (7)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_clamp_15_off = not activated
  • (8)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_over_threshold_high = activated
  • (9)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_standstill = not activated
  • (10)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_after_disclaimer = not activated
09 - Adaptations
  • Int. light: 2nd generation-Cockpitbeleuchtung mehrfarbig - Active
  • Int. light: 2nd generation-Helligkeit Cockpitbeleuchtung nicht berechnen - Not Active
  • Interior light: light configuration-Ambientemenue mit alle Zonen - active
  • Interior light: light configuration-Cockpitbeleuchtung - installed
  • Leuchte9FL RB2-Lichtfunktion A 9 - Ambientelicht 2

Just been out to do this and I can confirm this works! Thank you very much. I can now control the cup holder thorugh the MMI under the Front Zone. The Door zone controls my loudspeaker lights and all zones controls all. How can i now get the door handle illumination to controlled through here also?

Again MANY THANKS!

I've tried these when I retrofitted my cupholder lights but had no success. Activating the "cockpitbeleuchtung" channel does make the "Front" control to be displayed on the MMI Interior Lights menu, but it has no effect on the cupholder. The same for the channel "lautsprecher", which makes the "Door" control to be displayed, but has no effect on the door handle or other door lights. In my car, the only control that works in the Interior Lights menu is Footwell Lights. Maybe Gazpot0111645 has a better luck.

I've tried these when I retrofitted my cupholder lights but had no success. Activating the "cockpitbeleuchtung" channel does make the "Front" control to be displayed on the MMI Interior Lights menu, but it has no effect on the cupholder. The same for the channel "lautsprecher", which makes the "Door" control to be displayed, but has no effect on the door handle or other door lights. In my car, the only control that works in the Interior Lights menu is Footwell Lights. Maybe Gazpot0111645 has a better luck.
Did you make the int light 2nd generation adpatation changes? One of them has to be set from active to not active.

Just been out and done this and it has worked for me. Maybe you should go over it again?

Have you retrofitted the door handle ambient illumination?

I have completed that retrofit today however am wondering if that can be controlled through the MMI. At the moment they illuminate and are also controlled by the dimmer switch. Do you know what adaptation channel I need to look at?

Thanks
Yes, I did that retrofit too, and my door handles work the same way as yours. I've activated the Interior Lights - Lautsprecher channel on module 09 and the control for "Door" was displayed on the MMI, but the door handle lights ignore it. Maybe there's something else that has be done to transfer the brightness control from the dimmer to the MMI, but I've never found it.

Pretty sure the door handle illumination is controlled by the dimmer from the factory so you can't control it with the MMI.

Did you make the int light 2nd generation adpatation changes? One of them has to be set from active to not active.
Never found that on the coding instructions I've seen up to now. Would you please list what changes are those?

Never found that on the coding instructions I've seen up to now. Would you please list what changes are those?

None of the coding instructions posted online work. These adaptations were taken from an admap of a car with the interior lighting package from the factory. Not sure what each individual change does but it works.

Also, you need to long code byte 17, bit 2 in 09.

Reactions: Rcord
Pretty sure the door handle illumination is controlled by the dimmer from the factory so you can't control it with the MMI.

Ahh I see. Maybe I can find someone with them fitted from factory to confirm they operate from the dimmer.