A3 S-Line Front Conversion

norman1979

Reaction score
I have a single frame 8P A3 S-Line(2004). Im looking to upgrade the front end to a 2006 S-Line. I know this topic has been covered before - but I just wanted to confirm if i actually need the front reinforcement bar?
I am currently going to source:-
s-line bumper
big grill
fog grill inserts - will my old fog lights fit?
bonnet
Have i missed anything else?

You can trim/modify the existing re-inforcement bar yourself or buy a new one and no your old fog lights wont fit - you will need new fogs - S-Line fogs.

Hope this helps :)

Oh, you will also need fog repair wires and new fog plugs - like N8 said, all covered in Mattandrews S-Line conversion thread.

Good luck.

You can trim/modify the existing re-inforcement bar yourself or buy a new one and no your old fog lights wont fit - you will need new fogs - S-Line fogs.

Incorrect, You only need to do that when fitting an S3 bumper. The S line bumper fits on no problem with the early reinforcer.

Hope this helps :)

Incorrect, You only need to do that when fitting an S3 bumper. The S line bumper fits on no problem with the early reinforcer.

Ah my bad, I thought you needed to trim it on all 8P1's when moving to S-Line or S3 regardless... I'll find out for sure in a week or so :)

Thanks for the help. One final question:- Do I need S-line fogs lights or are they same across the facelift range?

norman once you've done this mod you gonna look at your car in different way:)

oh shut up you modding addicted man:D

I regularly attend meetings for my problem Luke, I'm getting help :beee:

alumniresourcesaa.jpg

I'm soo frustrated!! You are all getting yours done and I'm still looking for parts! so annoying!