A3 recalls?

alfiejts

Reaction score
I've read about the dual-mass flywheel recall for some manual gearbox TDIs, but have there been any other recalls that for the new A3 that I should worry about?

I've just bought a Sept 04 2.0 TDi DSG and was woried that I might have missed something or that the previous owner might not have bothered with one and I might be blissfully unaware.....

Thanks,
Graham :Flush:

Mine was a March 05 and was outside of the window for recall.

There are some posts on here that'll tell you wat the date range was I can't remember off the top of my head.

Worth getting checked out.

My 05 Golf 2.00 tdi 4-motion needed a new flywheel.

Mine was checked and didn't, but...

A month or so later, just before a trip to Germany which was going to involve high speeds, I noticed a funny vibration above about 90mph. I thought a bit of trim had come loose so I booked it in quickly to get checked out.

Turns out the plate under the engine which protects the sump et al from damage was missing two bolts and was "hanging off". I asked how that might have happened and they just shrugged their shoulders at me, then I mentioned that it had had the flywheel checked out a month or so before and I suspected it was them that hadn't refitted the plate properly. They looked a bit more sheepish at that point.

I asked what would have happened if it had come off completely and they didn't see at all concerned, saying it wouldn't have made any difference to the car. Wouldn't have been much fun for the guy behind me though!

Sorry - I mustn't have made myself clear...

I know I'm not affected by the flywheel recall, as I have a DSG gearbox not a manual box. My question was about what other A3 recalls have there been that I could have missed?

Thanks.

Vertigo1 said:
Mine was checked and didn't, but...

A month or so later, just before a trip to Germany which was going to involve high speeds, I noticed a funny vibration above about 90mph. I thought a bit of trim had come loose so I booked it in quickly to get checked out.

Turns out the plate under the engine which protects the sump et al from damage was missing two bolts and was "hanging off". I asked how that might have happened and they just shrugged their shoulders at me, then I mentioned that it had had the flywheel checked out a month or so before and I suspected it was them that hadn't refitted the plate properly. They looked a bit more sheepish at that point.

I asked what would have happened if it had come off completely and they didn't see at all concerned, saying it wouldn't have made any difference to the car. Wouldn't have been much fun for the guy behind me though!

This is a common fault on other cars.
The Alfa 156 is renowned for losing it's undertray.
I've seen loads of Skodas with them hanging down too.
They're only made of sort of cardboardy/clothy stuff anyway.
More to protect the engine from crap,than damage.
Might give a following driver a scare,but little chance of damage.

I have seen loads of mondeo's with rear valences hanging off... quite funny really... as long as it does totally come off when I'm following one of um!