A3 Rear Washer Pipe?

reptor245

Reaction score
hey guys. i no its abit of a nob question but ive got a water leak when i use my rear wash wipe. the water leaks from under the bonnet near the N/S/F wheel. my question is does the pipe run from the water bottle and under the air box? it seems to be around that area.

Yes mate, drop the airbox out and look in the black trunking that goes into the bulk head. Theres a join in there that pops apart over time. I did a thread on it last year with a load of pictures in it

Here you go mate...

Remove airbox and unclip the trunking...

3294501711_b5d35fda9f.jpg

Then you'll find something like this!

3295327314_f7b5122965.jpg

Simples :)

welll finaly got off my **** and took alook today at the pipes. Turns out you was right A3TOM. spot on. the pipe has popped off the connector. Works fine again now. thanks man :)

No worries bud, much better now the washer bottle doesnt empty itself all over the floor I bet!.

wish i had know this a month ago! spent ages tracing it and removing parts but came to the same end point :)

Thanks lads this is EXACTLY SAME 1.8T ENGINE AS MINE AND I HAVE EXACT SAME Issue with damn rear washer...who needs one eh?...but as you lads will know...if it aint right it aint right :)
Gonna do this tmrw...rear washer not working...windscreen ones are though...is this normal and will the above fix the issue? (Just rear one not squirting). Any help be greatly appreciated as a new driver and kinda useless with all things automobile...but do love my wee red mk1 A3 1.8t. Had a new engine fired-in 40k ago (gti 1.8t Golf engine) so drives great with zero probs APART from the daft rear washer which i hope i can noo fix.
Cheers

The front and rear wash are separate pumps.Mine had come apart under the airbox as in the pics, but after fixing it I had water on the rear screen for all of about two seconds before the pipe join behind the sub blew apart ;) not got too that one yet, I suspect after fixing that it will then blow off in the hatch :banghead:

Got bit of the same issue on my 2021 A3 however the fluid is coming into front of dash / passenger footwell. Does anyone know if there’s a connection at the front of the car?

You might get the same thing happen at the wiper end, I did a post on it some years ago to remedy it. The connector usually breaks.