1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A3 rear door lock problem

Chris1982 Feb 12, 2015

1. Chris1982

Chris1982 Registered User

Hello
    My first post, hope I'm in the right section. My passenger side rear door has a problem whereas once the car is locked using the key fob, it won't open from the outside, only the inside. This is the side I have my child's car seat so it's a bit of a nuisance and needed to be sorted. I must also mention that sometimes the front passenger door has this same problem but that's only happened on a few occasions.

I left the car to the garage today for service and asked him to look at it and he said the whole lock/mechanism needs replacing. He said he can order from Audi or I can source one for him to fit.

I spoke to a car spares place today and I just want to make sure I'm being supplied the correct one. I'm a little confused about the the different years of A3's and what bracket mine falls under. I think it's 2008-2010. The car was manufactured July 2008, I've attached a photo to confirm. The car spares place said they had one for an 2008 but I'm not sure if he means the 2003-2008 version and is this likely to be the same?

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums...7fe8ec13b8fb0c39cb4f9e372b0ed_zpsb6ebc21e.jpg

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Chris1982

Chris1982 Registered User

Anyone any ideas? Thank you.