A3 Range Brake sizes?

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have looked around but i can't find the exact info i want...

does anyone have a guide or a definitive list on what size brake discs come on what model A3?
Also what model brakes are compatible with standard brake upgrades?

this is what i am thinking so far but would like to be corrected with a definite list??

Front:
A3 2.0 140 TDI Sport - 255mm?
A3 2.0 TDI S-line/170, 2.0 TFSI, MK5 Golf GTI - 312mm?
S3, R32 - 345mm?

Rear:

A3 2.0 TDI Sport - 160mm?
A3 2.0 TDI S-line, 2.0 TFSI, MK5 Golf GTI - mm?
S3, R32 - 310mm?

Edit: will add to the list with results i get any updates

Last edited:
My 170 tdi sport is 312 front 255 rear to get the ball rolling

A3 S-line 140 - 288mm front ? rear.
A3 S-line 170 - as per cloughy's post.
A3 3.2 V6 - 345mm on front and 310mm on REAR.
S3 - 345mm on front and 310mm on REAR.

Thats all I know. I'm interested to find out the rear size of the 140 S-line!

As you mentioned in my thread about putting 19's on next year, the 345mm conversion is the only way forward, from a purely aesthetic point of view. And, of course, the awesome stopping power!!!

right need to get some money together and find me some cheapish S3 or 3.2 brakes! didnt know the 3.2 had the large brakes so this helps!

I'm certain they do. The only difference between the 3.2 and the S3 is that the S3 callipers have S3 written on them and the 3.2 doesn't. The conversion takes more work than just the callipers and carriers for the 345mm. I think you need the wheel bearing carrier too. I think alot of people get the struts complete and swap them over. And, I'm not sure if the 345mm discs will fit under 17" wheels or not, though, so you might have to get the wheels first.

There's plenty more info available on here when you search 345mm brake conversion.

thanks mate!
there is an orange S3 with 17 sport alloys on for winter (i think its an S3)

i found the pics here:

slika0055.jpg

s3-8p2-haha.jpg

i will defo doa good search on it when i get the funds available for the job... wont be til next year anyway :(

If its not an S3, it still looks ****** nice!!!

yeh the S3 R32(MK5) and A3 3.2 have the same brakes bar the caliper spring pad retainers which on the S3 have "S3" on them and R32 have "R" logo

I've just seen S3yer has posted on a thread I started. It says in his sinature strip that he's got a 345mm conversion kit for sale. He's asked for offers rather than stating a price. It might be worth PM'ing him!

Thanks Scott for the answer to my question.

resurrecting this thread...

Brake gurus...

are there any other calipers/carriers that will fit the 345mm front and 310mm rear disks? i have seen some cupra R calipers and even a skoda set but im unsure what will and wont fit?

thanks

Golf R32 (new shape) breaks fit as well and normally come up chapter as they are branded VW rather then Audi... skoda won't fit, and seat won't as all the hot seats use brembo brakes