A3 quattro 8L and 8P compatibility question...

spicy

Reaction score
Hi,

I've an Audi A3 quattro, year 2002, and I'm having some issues with the haldex system.

My current problem is that the prop shaft coupling rings, or donuts, are both shot/broken.

I've taken them off and searched the part codes up online to see if I can find replacements, which do exist, but they cost absurd amounts of money, at least the rear one. The front ring is still reasonably priced and I can get a hold of that no problem, it's just the rear one, with prices reaching up to 300£, it's a bit crazy...

Well here's where my question comes, I've found that the rear coupling ring from A3 8P's costs a lot less and are more readily available, so I'm wondering if there is chance it's compatible with the 8L system.

Based on the pictures they look fairly similar, the only piece of info I'm unable to find is the dimensions of it and the spacing of the screw holes. If the screw holes are spaced identical to the 8L ring then I reckon it should work.

Has anyone any experience with this, or access to the prop shaft rear coupling ring from an A3 8P quattro for measurements, I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance

I can't seem to find the coupling ring on that diagram, but the part numbers are different between the two parts. The 8L part number is 1J0521307D and the 8P part number is 1K0 521 307 A S1. I'm hoping that the bolt hole positions and dimensions are the same, because if they are then I think they're both interchangeable.
I've just had a quick Google and the parts don't seem to be compatible but you can get a new one for around 200 quidish or there is the used option.

Sent from Syknet Global Defence Network

Reactions: spicy
I've just had a quick Google and the parts don't seem to be compatible but you can get a new one for around 200 quidish or there is the used option.

That's a shame, thanks anyway.
I'm still gonna hold off until I can see the dimensions of both compared before I shell out the money.

I wanted to add as well, it's crazy how expensive this part is, absolutely mad, it's just a piece of rubber and not even one for a new 2020 car... rant over.

Reactions: MPH
That's a shame, thanks anyway.
I'm still gonna hold off until I can see the dimensions of both compared before I shell out the money.

I wanted to add as well, it's crazy how expensive this part is, absolutely mad, it's just a piece of rubber and not even one for a new 2020 car... rant over.
Good luck with the search @spicy

Reactions: spicy