A3 quad exhaust conversion

James Crosthwaite

Reaction score
Car - Audi A3/8V Sportback S-Line
(63 Reg)
2.0TDI (150ps)

Hi all, looking to convert my dual tip exhaust to the s3 style quad exhaust. Is it possible to buy the s3 diffuser to directly replace my current one? Or is it more complicated? Thanks!

Car - Audi A3/8V Sportback S-Line
(63 Reg)
2.0TDI (150ps)

Hi all, looking to convert my dual tip exhaust to the s3 style quad exhaust. Is it possible to buy the s3 diffuser to directly replace my current one? Or is it more complicated? Thanks!

Would love to know this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kondax and James Crosthwaite
i've read the bumpers on the s-line are the same as the s3 assuming it the same model ie hatch or sportback so the rear diffuser should fit, just would need the exhaust made to fit.

Reactions: James Crosthwaite
Parked up next me my colleagues sportback and the sline bumpers looks the same as the s3 bumpers so should be just a swap. Heard it’s a PITA job to remove the diffuser though.
Exhaust wise it might not be a simple swap as the s3 has the valves that open for extra noise and all the gubbins that come with it. Might be easier getting a custom exhaust made up. The mounting position would be different as the rear silencer is in the middle on the s3 and that space should be clear/empty on the sline as that can have a towbar fitted whereas the s3 can’t as far as I know.

Reactions: James Crosthwaite
Thanks for your replies, I have been in contact with a highly praised exhaust garage in my area so the exhaust seems to be not too much of an issue, going to try and sort that today. So just need to buy the s3 diffuser to prepare for the exhaust! Thanks again, appreciated folks! :)

It won’t fit bud without chopping the car, or just do a straight pipe without the silencer. Reason being the S3 is a Quattro so is flat at the back to accommodate the silencer, where as the normal A3 will have a bulge sticking out where the spare wheel is.

Reactions: WiKKiD and Leevr
Done this 4 years ago I fitted s3 diffuser and quad rear box from Remus
IMG 0116

Reactions: Drswoz and James Crosthwaite
Exhaust will be aftermarket, possibly have a look at the remus system previously posted. Trying to find a decent s3 sportback diffuser at a decent price without it being damaged is proving slightly tricky as I can imagine that dealer prices will be slightly expensive.

Exhaust will be aftermarket, possibly have a look at the remus system previously posted. Trying to find a decent s3 sportback diffuser at a decent price without it being damaged is proving slightly tricky as I can imagine that dealer prices will be slightly expensive.
Hey, have you done the conversion yet?
I have a X-UK S3 diffuser in my shed, but I'm struggling at finding a silencer. First, I was going to buy a pre-owned S3 muffler from a breaker, but I read that the an oem S3 back box won't fit as it was thicker. A brief look under the car confirmed it. Would you mind sharing your experience if you found a solution?
Thanks.

What does this accomplish besides a loss of money in your wallet?
To make the most of an aftermarket exhaust you would need to do lots of work in the engine.
You are not in a S3, nor is the engine a S3 to support Quad Exhaust.

I cant see any BHP increase, maybe a few BHP but not worth the money IMHO

I think it look great .at least it gets rid of the poor looking fake grille diffusers

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It would be interesting to know exactly what effect this does have to the power - I've always understood (although not from any professional viewpoint, I should add) that a larger exhaust than necessary can actually have a detrimental effect on the power/performance due to lack of sufficient 'back pressure' to the engine... of course I could be talking absolute rubbish! Certainly wouldn't be the first time! I agree it looks better though.

It would be interesting to know exactly what effect this does have to the power - I've always understood (although not from any professional viewpoint, I should add) that a larger exhaust than necessary can actually have a detrimental effect on the power/performance due to lack of sufficient 'back pressure' to the engine... of course I could be talking absolute rubbish! Certainly wouldn't be the first time! I agree it looks better though.

it will be next to zero effect on power.
Biggest restriction in the exhaust system is turbo, catalyst and silencers. Changing the rear silencer will make little to no difference in exhaust flow as that’s the end of the system. If done right you might get a good exhaust note but that’s about it.