a3 poor radio reception

dundonald

Reaction score
I, Have a 2010 audi a3 S line with a symphony 11 unit, the fm reception is very poor, am is fine. Audi dealer says fault is in the screen and requires a nnew screen, have checked the screen with a meter the aerial connected to the large signal amplifier appears to have a broken cicuit but can't find any breakages in the screen bars. The heated rear window element works fine. The fm on the radio holds the station then a lot of interference and no traffic rds signal. Any ideas?

Unfortunately you will need a new screen - they can't be fixed !

I would guess at about £250 fitted

Welcome to the site.

TBH you need spare amps, coaxials & screen to ideally fault find, you could always try & claim on your glass cover I guess which is only £75 excess, but I tested this for a client recently & it appeared to be the glass.

Is there any type of magnetic base aerial that I could connect to the cable and store it in the tailgate

No, just fix the system properly.

I have also noticed that there is an aerial in the screen with the terminal wires cut off. I assume this happened at the factory pending whether the vehicle is left or right hand drive. Would it be possible to solder new wires onto the solder already on the screen then connect into the signal amp