A3 plenum chamber/weep holes getting blocked and location.

darrenvalleys12

Reaction score
My son has a 2007 a3 there are two weep holes one at each side at the front of the car which then the water runs out of the bottom of the front arch, but i have been looking on the net and it seems that there is a rubber bung that takes the waste water under the battery that can get blocked does the a3 have this under the battery, also are there any other rubber waste holes that can get blocked in the engine bay of the car.

On the net it says that on the rear bumper on the rightside there is also one of the rubber bungs to let the water out can you get to this by hand or have you got to take the bumper of.

Thanks for all your help.

B6, 7 A4 range had this issue for battery tray, not the A3 8P chassis

Thanks for that, so it is just the two the left and right holes in the corners thanks again. You really sound like a expert where to are you please if not to far we would bring the car to you. I understand that with the internet there is always so many answers and opinions but when you are getting info from a expert it makes a hell of a difference, my sons car has the pollen filter in the engine bay and again people are saying that water can get in that way. what do you think about water getting in that way thanks for your help

Last edited:
Pollen filter isn't the issue as that's internal & other side of the car.

I generally come to clients to do repairs or installs.

Easy, wipers off scuttle off and clean that area.

Thanks for that me and my son done this a bit of crap in holes either side, and the scuttle seems to have gone on fine think i will just run some silicone across and see how it goes. Thanks for your help

Reactions: LEE69
As long as it's clipped into the windscreen ok all the way along, it will be fine to not allow water near the ecu, which is under the screen, centrally.