A3 Phone cradle Help!!

jay17

Reaction score
Hello !

Im looking at buy a A3 soon. However the few one's i've got my eye on all have the phone cradle thing on the dash. Is there any way to remove this as it looks ugly as sin? And does it actually have a purpose as my phone wont fit in it anyway?

Hope this makes sense :S

Thank you

Jay

i don't know if there drilled or anything but a few companys actually do dash repairs including audi so i wouldn't let it put you off buying a car

Hi Jay and welcome to the forum.
If it helps what you are seeing is the skeleton and you buy a skin to fit your phone from Audi (not compatible with all phones)

If you remove the holder you will have holes in the dash, one as large as a 10p coin where the wires come through.

Ah ok. I asume a dash repair would be really expensive? I've got a iPhone 3gs, anyone know if they sell holders for them?

Jay

IIRC they do make holders for the 3G, but they only charge the phone. All other functions are done over bluetooth. Which in effect makes it a £100 charger.

Hey mate, I had a phone holder in mine, but mine wasn't drilled to the dash, it was just forced in by the dash and AC unit.

When I got my RNS-E installed, I got it taken out and now I can't see any marks on the dash as to say the holder was ever present.

Check the holders for holes and if not then its ok!

Good luck!

Ok thanks, can the adaptor only be purchased from Audi direct? Jay