A3 Ordered Months Ago But Still No Build Date!

MO11TEL

Reaction score
This is my first time posting...

I'm a little bit worried that I won't get my car in September as promised.
On March 8th I ordered, and put a deposit down on, a Black Audi A3. I then changed my order to Glacier White on May 30th.

I haven't been contacted once by my dealer to update me on the car, so today I rang Audi UK to see what was going on. They rang my dealer and came back to me, apparently the car has been ordered but still has no build date.

This has really annoyed me as I was hoping to get my car on September 1st, as this was part of the original deal.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so what is the best thing for me to do?

Thanks,
Montel

That's crazy, which dealer is it?

Personally, I would cancel the order, get the deposit back and then ring round some other dealers and see what they can do - you may find another dealer has a car already in the system that can be amended to your spec and supplied pretty quickly.

I don't really want to say which dealer because the sales person I am dealing with is supposed to be a family friend. I don't know if it is him or his manager that has been delaying the process.
The only problem with cancelling the order is trying to get a good discount elsewhere. I got about 8% off on a completely standard 1.2 S Line which I think is pretty good.

Have you spoken to the dealer? What's their excuse for the delay?

8% is good but I reckon most dealers will give you this if you walk in and start waving a credit card at them.

Not a credit card - they have to pay a fee on them! But I know what you mean :)

I don't really want to say which dealer because the sales person I am dealing with is supposed to be a family friend. I don't know if it is him or his manager that has been delaying the process.
The only problem with cancelling the order is trying to get a good discount elsewhere. I got about 8% off on a completely standard 1.2 S Line which I think is pretty good.

Is it a Saloon? If so, from all the post here, there seem to be quite a delay due to very high demand world wide.

I had to wait 5 months before we got a build date, place deposit on first weekend in Feb, and only got the build date a few weeks back. Only way you can get a car quick if it is a dealer car modified to your spec.

I'm waiting for a call back from them, which I probably won't get.
I travelled 120 miles just to use them so I thought they would appreciate it but obviously not!
If they haven't done anything by Saturday I'll visit a local dealer and see what hey can do for me.

No, it's not a saloon it's just a standard 3 door.
And the only option I added was the interior light package. This is what has puzzled me the most!

It seems to be a common problem sadly. See the thread I started called "build week still to be confirmed...".

Good luck but I think both you and I will be waiting a while longer!

I've just had a look through it, have you had any luck with another dealer?
I had my heart set on getting it on September 1st! :blownose:

I've just had a look through it, have you had any luck with another dealer?
I had my heart set on getting it on September 1st! :blownose:

Spoke to Exeter Audi this morning on the recommendation of Glospete but sadly they couldn't do anything before December. I think the only hope, if you have the time, is to call around other dealers to see if they have an existing order for their stock which can be amended to suit your requirements. It does seem that the dealers are exceeding their quotas in view of the high demand.

Aberdeen Audi will get you it for September, they have over a dozen still available to spec amend which are due to be built early August. They are the biggest selling dealership in the country, with the best allocations from Germany. Its a fair trip no doubt, but they'll do a deal that'll make it worth it.

Speak with Graeme Donald or Tony Bourne @ Aberdeen Audi just to have a chat and see what can be done. 01224 400500

I have had 3 new motors, with an S3 on order with them and they are excellent to deal with.

I got a good deal at Aberdeen Audi, no problems with them this time or in the past but as I ordered a saloon in June I've still got to wait until December :(

If I get nowhere with my dealer by Saturday then I think Aberdeen is my only option.

Thanks!

TRY OTHER DEALERS, took me 4 months to get a build date and a further 4 to get the car. I ordered from a large Audi (biggest?) dealer who has outlets throughout Uk .... Including Birmingham. Dealers KNOW if they have enough allocation to fulfill orders but will keep you hanging if possible.