1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 MY2019 updates before the new shape launches

MuffintopDude Jul 13, 2018

1. MuffintopDude

MuffintopDude New Member

Hi guys, when I ordered my A3 Sport 3dr and then finally was able to collect it (October 2015) the specs had been updated and the car came with Sat Nav as standard but mine didn’t as it was the previous MY.

Any info on the upcoming MY as I’m looking at the S Line specs and don’t want to miss out by ordering too early again!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Lehn

Lehn Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 DSG

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  4. Chris43

Chris43 Well-Known Member Team Nano Grey Audi A3 S-line owners group

MY19 has already started. Assuming you place it now, you should get exactly what you order.

The new A3 is 18 months away at least.

5. MuffintopDude

MuffintopDude New Member

Thanks, I can only see this brochure on the Audi website...

C08E9CD9-C1E7-4E2E-B561-E56AECDF3D90.jpeg

6. Chris43

I wouldn't use the online brochure to help you spec the car as they can be old and even incorrect.

The car configuration on the Audi website is the best way to spec your car as its up to date and it tells you which options you can spec individually and which that have to come as a bundle/pack.

Once you've finalised your car spec the website generates a unique code which you can give to your local Audi dealer to price up / order

q5man and Jcbmally like this.
  7. ASBOST

ASBOST New Member

I spoke to someone in the corporate sales department as i had concerns about placing my company car order if a new model was being released early next year. I was told the new A3 model is well over a year and a half away and the MY19 model may have subtle changes to lights ect.

I'm still not happy that I'll have my new A3 only for a new model to come out over a year later but hey ho... What can you do. My Golf wsd the same... Had it less than a year and the 7.5 came out! My car policy is extremely limited as it is and I'm lucky to get the spec i asked for. If i delay any longer i may incur a price increase and lose out again.

The problem with MY changes is sometimes you benefit and sometimes you don't.... I placed my order last week and was told that because my car is to be delivered to me on the 3rd Dec i will be getting the MY19 model.... But I still haven't a clue what those changes will be!

8. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

There will not be any changes to the lights or any of the exterior of the car it's a model year change nothing else l expect the new A3 to be revealed spring next year and in showrooms next October

q5man, ASBOST and Chris43 like this.
  9. MuffintopDude

MuffintopDude New Member

I think I’m interested if additional equipment is going to be added as they begin to phase out this modal.

10. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Don't confuse Audi with Ford or Vauxhall mate they don't do this added equipment thing for nowt

4K, q5man and Kondax like this.
  11. Chris43

When the new manufacturing year starts in 2019 the car price will increase but you may get a few extra added as standard. So in effect your paying for options at a discounted rate, but as above, Audi don't give anything away !!.

Just before the 7.5 Golf came out VW changed the "GT" spec car to "GT Edition" which got 18' alloys, and a pano roof as standard, the price of the car increased but not to the value of the pano roof an 18" alloys. Doing this helps maintain consumer demand for existing model when a new one is on the cards, it also helps VW clear out their supply chain of version specific components.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. MuffintopDude

MuffintopDude New Member

I understand, thanks folks.

14. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

I'm not so sure it's 18 months away as the configurator is now saying limited availability for the S3 Sportback and Engines for the Normal A3 (some of this will be emissions) - RS3 says some of the engines subject to availability (they only do one engine)

Would be a bit early to start limiting stocks if the new model was over a year away for even ordering surely

15. jassyo06

They ain't limiting the amount of models/cars there just fooking about with the engines power etc... Conjecture . .. .car forums are full of it at times

q5man and loftylad like this.
  16. Chris43

A sure sign they are about to launch a new model is dealers giving lower APR and high deposit contribution on stock cars of the existing model - look at the deals you can get on A1 at the moment.

Its too early for the new A3 yet, they normally release the new Golf first which is expected in the showrooms late 2019

17. tha_ben

tha_ben New Member

I have the MY19 brocure for A3/S3.

Nothing different then what has already been said in the other post.

18. Pook

Pook Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

Link/file? Please :)

19. tha_ben

tha_ben New Member

Paul finch, loftylad and S3LOK like this.
  20. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

Audi are doing £3k deposit contribution on A3/S3, which is fairly high, but then they did something similar for A6 (£6k+), which went on for 18+ months:

https://www.audi.co.uk/quote-my-audi.html#/wizard/finance

APR still high though, because they sell loads anyway.

I got £10k in total off £42k A6 Avant almost 2 years ago, and APR of 3.1%, and new A6 isn't out there "yet" but you can register interest in one.

21. Pook

22. jassyo06

Dont believe the power hike in the facelift makes it any faster mate its all flannel....its the new gearbox that makes the difference between the FL/PFL

4K likes this.
  23. Pook

Haha yea a no, I’ll probably never drive it hard enough anyway to get close even if you could notice. I guess it’s just nice on paper and extra kudos when people ask and you’re like yea it’s 310 haha.

jassyo06 likes this.
  24. 4K

4K Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 DSG

Hahahahaha

25. pauly69

pauly69 Well-Known Member

26. tha_ben

tha_ben New Member

No insider info I’m afraid. Just what the dealer(s) have given me.

pauly69 likes this.
  27. pauly69

pauly69 Well-Known Member

Ok, cheers anyway, will have to be patient lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

q5man likes this.
  28. MuffintopDude

MuffintopDude New Member

Placed my order on Thursday 23rd for an A3 Sportback S Line, looks like a late December 2018 or January 2019 delivery due to the new mpg testing system causing delays. I’m in no rush but it feels like a long time!

q5man likes this.
  29. Paul finch

Paul finch New Member

You're lucky mate, I ordered my S3 early June,got told build week 49,delivery Feb 19.

30. Chris43

I waited about 4 months for mine.

Going back to your original post did you get anything extra now we are in MY19?

31. MuffintopDude

MuffintopDude New Member

Yes the Audi sound system is now standard on S Line, little bit of an extra I suppose.

From my October 15 model all sorts have been added included spec, auto lights/wipers, cruise control, sat nav, CarPlay, led daytime lights

Tags: