1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A3 mmi screen snapped!

Danielle2311 Apr 1, 2016

1. Danielle2311

Danielle2311 Registered User

So I had a drunken idiot in my car who has snapped my screen. It is still hanging on but it won't turn on and is obviously getting stuck when it tries to pop up. The screen is slightly cracked on the corner, I'm hoping it will still work and it just needs reconnecting. How much is it to get it re-wired/reconnected? And how much is it if the screen needs completely replacing? Really appreciate advice as it's the first Audi I have driven and my other car up until now was an old banger in comparison! Any advice on where to get it fixed Widnes/ Warrington/ Liverpool area appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Egbert

Egbert Registered User

4. Danielle2311

I'm probably going to end up going Audi tomorrow, any idea how much they will charge?

5. Danielle2311

6. Egbert

Egbert Registered User

I'd just give them a call then ask - then you can assess your course of action. I guess (and its only a guess) it'll be 200-300 for the MMI then another couple of hundred for fitting. I would say its original as its still fitted in the car but you could always look locally and collect just to be sure.

7. Matt268uk

Matt268uk A3 Sportback VCDS Map User

Send @NHN a message i'm sure he could help and possibly cheaper than Audi.

8. Bazzle

Bazzle Registered User

8P or 8V model?

9. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer... VCDS Map User

That's a 8V model... Confused me for a sec :)