A3 mmi screen snapped, help!

Danielle2311

Reaction score
So I had a drunken idiot in my car who has snapped my screen. It is still hanging on but it won't turn on and is obviously getting stuck when it tries to pop up. The screen is slightly cracked on the corner, I'm hoping it will still work and it just needs reconnecting. How much is it to get it re-wired/reconnected? And how much is it if the screen needs completely replacing? Really appreciate advice as it's the first Audi I have driven and my other car up until now was an old banger in comparison! Any advice on where to get it fixed Widnes/ Warrington/ Liverpool area appreciated!

Sorry to hear that. I hope the drunken idiot will be paying for it?

I would go to Audi direct. I don't think it would be too easy a job to get in about the system.

I am sure someone will be along who has done it all before though and offer some better advice :)

Straight to audi.
Tell them cost isn't an issue.
Get it fixed.

Make the moron pay.

Reactions: thebluefox, pburv, Relliott6879 and 2 others
or if the moron won't pay head to ebay, loads on there for decent prices £80 upwards and actually very easy to replace. Just make sure you get the correct replacement one as there are two versions one with audi connect and one without

there's a youtube video of a guy swapping his mmi out for an android system that shows how easy the screen is to replace

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Gazjs
So I had a drunken idiot in my car who has snapped my screen. It is still hanging on but it won't turn on and is obviously getting stuck when it tries to pop up. The screen is slightly cracked on the corner, I'm hoping it will still work and it just needs reconnecting. How much is it to get it re-wired/reconnected? And how much is it if the screen needs completely replacing? Really appreciate advice as it's the first Audi I have driven and my other car up until now was an old banger in comparison! Any advice on where to get it fixed Widnes/ Warrington/ Liverpool area appreciated!

Hope you gave them a good slap.....................jesus christ I'd go friggin ape if someone did that in my car!!

Reactions: pburv and S32B
Amen to that. My fiancée kicked a speaker grill in on my old tt.. I made her pay for the replacement(once she sobered up!)

Reactions: pburv