A3 Magnetic Ride shock absorbers

Majkel0608

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum. Nice to meet you all.

I need some help finding correct parts for my Audi A3. Whilst doing some maintenance to the car along with changing wheels :) pictures to come. I have noticed my rear shocks leaking. (Not sure how that works as i do have the magnetic ride (adaptive suspension or whatever the name)).

Here comes the tricky part; I am trying to find the correct part for my car.
Car: Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition, 2.0 tdi quattro 170.

The rear shocks that are on the car currently have part no. 8P0 513 022B & 8P0 513 021B.
After speaking to AutoDoc, TMS and a local parts store they all agree that the correct part no. is: 8J0 513 025F.
Current situation does not allow me to contact Audi parts dept as they are shut.
Trouble is using any aforementioned in a different topic parts databases using my VIN, I get an error which states I have entered the incorrect VIN (checked with logbook, car and audi site, as well as worked for AutoDoc).

Final question, if the 8J0 513 025F part is correct, where could i find this? It's no where to be found in any auto parts store.

Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum. Nice to meet you all.

I need some help finding correct parts for my Audi A3. Whilst doing some maintenance to the car along with changing wheels :) pictures to come. I have noticed my rear shocks leaking. (Not sure how that works as i do have the magnetic ride (adaptive suspension or whatever the name)).

Here comes the tricky part; I am trying to find the correct part for my car.
Car: Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition, 2.0 tdi quattro 170.

The rear shocks that are on the car currently have part no. 8P0 513 022B & 8P0 513 021B.
After speaking to AutoDoc, TMS and a local parts store they all agree that the correct part no. is: 8J0 513 025F.
Current situation does not allow me to contact Audi parts dept as they are shut.
Trouble is using any aforementioned in a different topic parts databases using my VIN, I get an error which states I have entered the incorrect VIN (checked with logbook, car and audi site, as well as worked for AutoDoc).

Final question, if the 8J0 513 025F part is correct, where could i find this? It's no where to be found in any auto parts store.
Try this link ( 7zap.com/audi )

could not find the part numbers 8P0 513 022B & 8P0 513 021B anywhere.
checked on etka, checked google, checked autodoc. doesnt come up. actually googling the part number with and without the B suffix at the end comes up with a handfull of used auctions in poland and germany. thats all

part number appears to be 8J0 513 025F is the right part number for the magnetic ride shocks.
have included screenshots from etka showing the price, including the part numbers of the cap covers (which you shouldnt need to replace).
based on that part number, it looks like youd have to go direct to audi to order as no aftermarket sellers supply them.

personally based on the price of the shocks at £273, and with one side going the other might soon, as well as it being good practice to replace suspension components in pairs, if it were me id change the magnetic suspension for a regular setup. eg. stock shocks and springs. new from autodoc would be about the same cost for front and rear springs and shocks as one individual shock from audi.

Capture

Capture2

could not find the part numbers 8P0 513 022B & 8P0 513 021B anywhere.
checked on etka, checked google, checked autodoc. doesnt come up. actually googling the part number with and without the B suffix at the end comes up with a handfull of used auctions in poland and germany. thats all

part number appears to be 8J0 513 025F is the right part number for the magnetic ride shocks.
have included screenshots from etka showing the price, including the part numbers of the cap covers (which you shouldnt need to replace).
based on that part number, it looks like youd have to go direct to audi to order as no aftermarket sellers supply them.

personally based on the price of the shocks at £273, and with one side going the other might soon, as well as it being good practice to replace suspension components in pairs, if it were me id change the magnetic suspension for a regular setup. eg. stock shocks and springs. new from autodoc would be about the same cost for front and rear springs and shocks as one individual shock from audi.

View attachment 202033

View attachment 202034

Thank you very much for this semisnake!
This has really clarified it for me.

After having a look at Etka, could you please tell me if part no. 1K0 513 029 HQ would fit and work well with the setup that I have?

matches up on etka, its listed on one of the last pics i attached as being for a quattro with sport suspension.
checked on the sachs parts catalogue from https://aftermarket.zf.com/go/en/sachs/catalogs/pdf-catalogs/ which gives 2 options for quattro a3 8pa 125kw (170) : 311 007 and 311 009.

checked on autodoc for those sachs part codes, which gives these 2 products
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/sachs/1224183?search=SACHS Shock Absorber (311 009)
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/sachs/1224181?search=SACHS Shock Absorber (311 007)

at the bottom of each product it has the oem cross reference. 311 009 is 1K0 513 029 HQ (sports)
311 007 is 1K0 513 029 HN (normal)

so yeah its 1K0 513 029 HQ you need, or 311 009 sachs branded.
sachs are the oem for the genuine 'regular' shocks. i believe delphi do the magnetic.

price of audi supplied shock
Shock

your current protective cap will have the electrical wiring on it, so youll swap those for regular ones.
Shock Shock2

cant find the cap 1J0512135A on autodoc, but etka says theyre 60p each.
your old ones are £96 new, so might be worth tryna sell on.

once thats done, youll have errors on the dash, esp fault, headlight if xenon.
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8830690-AUDI-MAGNET-RIDE-DE-CODED(only-with-vcds)
can be coded out with vcds, worth reading that thread.

i would recommend changing the front shocks to non mag ride while youre at it, as the setup might be affected (non working mag ride shocks up front with 'normal' sport shocks on the rear), but no idea on that.

not as straight forward as changing like for like, so will be interesting to see what you decide to do.