A3 hybrid ac not working correctly?

zenyagami

Reaction score
Hello everyone, today i kinda did my first long trip, it was super hot, around 30 degrees (Celsius), the ac was working well, but suddenly i realized it was blowing air, but not that cold, i was dying inside in the highway, i tried all settings and was not working properly, the funny thing, is after a gas stop , i turned on the car and the AC was working well but after some minutes , again like not blowing cold air, my battery was empty (i couldn't charge it) then i had the idea to "charge" battery mode while driving, after some time i changed to hybrid mode (battery and gas) , the AC was working again so my though it's that only works with battery, that sucks , I'm not sure what to do in long trips , and the hybrid mode will deplete the battery and I'll die from the heat until the battery is charged a little bit, is this normal? Or something is wrong with the ac ? Thanks a lot

My experience is that, normally, the AC works better when the engine is on and its not in hybrid mode regardless of battery state. Did you switch it from eco to on?

Yes, i tried to change everything, after some time i realized it doesn't matter the mode after driving maybe 20 minutes in the highway the ac doesn't blow much air, if i stop for 3-5 minutes and start again (ev or gas) it works well and not sure why kinda stop, maybe stopped? No idea, kinda annoying

Yes, i tried to change everything, after some time i realized it doesn't matter the mode after driving maybe 20 minutes in the highway the ac doesn't blow much air, if i stop for 3-5 minutes and start again (ev or gas) it works well and not sure why kinda stop, maybe stopped? No idea, kinda annoying
Mine reduces the airflow once the target temperature is reached.

Mine reduces the airflow once the target temperature is reached.
I think that happens in automatic, i tried manual and lower temp but is super weird, i usually don't do long trips but it was my first time and i was cooking myself in the car

Reactions: AdamInKent