A3 HID/Headlight conversion?

matt d

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought a 57 plate a3 s-line, looking to either get HID bulbs in the standard headlights or possibly buy a new projector lamp set off ebay?

Anyone done this before/have any pics?

Cheers

M/

Use the search function for help, there has been lots of discussions on it.

Upshot is buy the proper headlights as a lot of aftermarket kits will burn out your wiper motor control module & the beam pattern could be off as the halogen lights dont have the defusers that xenon lights require. This is the legal requirements aside - ie headlight washers & self leveling system.

I agree, get oem xenon headlights not aftermarket crap.

are the originals hard to get hold of? how much do they generally go for on average?

i have one adaptive with a set of ballasts make me an offer, all you would need is another adaptive housing

its just lying around as surplus due to my facelift conversion

There are 3 types:

xenon, bi-xenon & adaptive bi-xenon (they follow the steering direction). The latter 2 may require a different central electronics module to support those lights. IIIR they range from about £350 up depending on type & demand.

i have one adaptive with a set of ballasts make me an offer, all you would need is another adaptive housing

its just lying around as surplus due to my facelift conversion

May be interested PM me details. TIA

stay well clear of aftermarket hid's they can burn out your wipers as said i had it happen to me it cost the best part of £350 to fix so dont do it , i would look for some oem headlights