A3 Heater Motor / Blower help...

SamH

Reaction score
Hello.

I am looking for some help with my '59 A3 8P please. As it is a Black Edition, it has the automatic climate control. Whilst the display works fine, there is no air actually being circulated around the cabin.

Reading on the forums here, it appeared that the blower unit could be faulty. I therefore dropped the glovebox last night and removed the blower unit for inspection. There did not appear to be any damage so I followed a piece of advice that I read. It suggested just moving the fan manually to ensure it was not seized and trying to power it up again - this did the trick!

Well... until this morning! Upon my morning drive to work the fan stopped once more. Now whilst I am happy to replace the unit and assume that the blower and resistor is faulty, I am a little confused with regards to what replacement I need. The part number is : 1K2820015G.
On a certain auction site there are lots of different variants. I found a 1K2820015 - with no letter at the end. Would this work? Is it simply an earlier revision that will work fine with my A3?

Thoughts and comments appreciated - and of course, if anyone has a spare unit, please let me know.

Many thanks :icon thumright:

Attachments

• IMG_0238.png
    IMG_0238.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hi there,
is it easy to remove the blower?
In my A3, the blower makes a rattle at high revs and considering to replace it at some point.

Hi there,
In my A3, the blower makes a rattle at high revs and considering to replace it at some point.

Removing the blower is straightforward. See

Reactions: George Kost
Hi there,

I was able to drop the glove box and then the blower twisted out.

I was then able to lubricate the shaft and this seems to have helped.

Hope you get your problem sorted.

Reactions: George Kost