A3 Grill Help, Have One To Sell But Not Sure About Model...

makavelli

Reaction score
I have a brand new grill off an A3, i was going to put it on my car but my mate at the garage said the fittings were different at the rear so i havent put it on

it is brand new and boxed and the part number on the back is: 8P4 853 651 A

Can anyone tell me what year and model this grill is for and how much they retail at?

cheers fellas

Pics:

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

andy

hi is it up for sale if so how much thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
its an 05 to 08 sline grill same as on mine not sure how much they sell for though it doesnt have the numberplate mount on either which i think are about 30 quid

Which model do you have mate? Why wont it fit? It will fit any 05-08 A3 (S3 excluded)

It also needs the number plate plinth (£38) and S line badge (£15). The grilles are normally around £140 from Audi and fetch £50-£100 on Ebay but they normally have the plinth and badge already on them.

cheers for the response fella, ive got a 55 plate 2.0 tdi sline

i thought it was the same grill and seeing as my current one has a small bubble on the chrome i wanted a new one to replace it

the guy at the garage said the fixings around the number plate were different? so it wouldn't fit, should i have the number plate plinth already on my car under the current grill then? would it be the same?

im wondering if he took the grill off with the plinth then when he tried to put the new one on without a plinth thats why it didn't fit?

Yes i can see why the garage guy is confused, the grill fits perfect (trust me I did the same) All you need is to buy the number plate plinth from Audi to fit to your new grille. Your old grille has a fixed plate plinth. The S line one doesnt, this is because in other countries they have different sized plates so a different plinth can be purchased for each country. Saves making loads of different grilles for each country! Keeps the production costs down.

I can get you the part number for the plinth if you like? I have a spare one but its scratched to buggery!

so just to check, even though my existing grill is an sline grill as well, i wont already have the plinth on the car?

if you have the part number that would be great mate

do you have any pics so i know what the part it?

cheers

andy

Yes i can see why the garage guy is confused, the grill fits perfect (trust me I did the same) All you need is to buy the number plate plinth from Audi to fit to your new grille. Your old grille has a fixed plate plinth. The S line one doesnt, this is because in other countries they have different sized plates so a different plinth can be purchased for each country. Saves making loads of different grilles for each country! Keeps the production costs down.

I can get you the part number for the plinth if you like? I have a spare one but its scratched to buggery!

Yes thats right, your new grille is from an 06 onwards, you have the 05 version, If you look you will also notice that there are less slats on your new grille than the old one.

Part number is 8P4807 285 G but sorry no pics, it just looks like a number plate sized piece of plastic!

Make sure you get the G suffix version, that stands for grey, theres also a black version you see for the black optics grilles.