A3 dual exhaust and wrong bumper, HELP

RobFoz123

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2005 1.6 se A3 and I have bought a dual Jetex exhaust for my car and only realised afterwards that my bumper only has a cut out for a single exhaust. I thought it had no cut outs when I first checked so now I'm wondering if there is another bumper I will need to buy and which one? Or should I just cut out the otherside of the bumper myself?

Yes that top exhaust is the exact one I've bought! How easy is it to cut out the bumper? Any recommendations? I don't want to make a mess of the bumper

always liked the idea of dual exhausts, but the s-line rear diffuser part could not be cut as good as a rear bumper could be.

The bumper wont be too hard to cut, id mark it out and check check then check some more before you cut. id use a hot knife or soldering iron then use a file to trim back the raggy edges up to the mark you made. id think that would be the best way to do it although ive nod done it before.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the exhaust set you back? cheers

It's easy enough to cut your bumper. Just use something that's hot so you don't have to use sand paper later to smoothen the mistakes. I had 2 tips on one side only and remade it to 4 tips and some bigger pipes to support the 220bhp.