A3 Discounts Here, Please post yours as I will show this to dealer

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
AS Above Post the % of discounts you achieved...

David M 13/04/05

Jesus H!! Do Audi what to keep their existing customers or screw them over like all the rest? That is utterly ridiculous. Amazing for a new buyer though.

I don't see how it is feasible for that price....

Any more?

I took the oneswoop price to My dealer whos quote was nearlt £2K more and asked him to match it or i would order from oneswoop. To my surprise they did within the day and followed it up in writing

Collected it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif yesterday after a 14 week wait.

I feel the same, I'll be more than happy paying £500 more than DTD...

I got 10% with not too much bother. Dealer is Leicester Audi.

I can fax you a copy of my order for some proper ammunition if you like.

Where did the £750 profit in a new car come from. I can only comment on the profit my dealer had in a particular A3 3.2 £ door i looked at in january.

Audi UK forced 3, 3.2's on my dealer to meet targets etc and the list price was £27,750 ish with leather and a few other options. The dealer offered me it for £23,350.

When he went to fetch our coffee, i turned his screen around and saw that the 3.2 had cost the dealer £20,350 (thats spec'd up etc). I don't know if that was true cost (i.e. with overheads accounted for) or thats what the car physically costs direct from audi uk.
Anyway it has to roll back at way more than £750! they mark up used cars at £2,500 more than they give you trading-in.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a copy of it in an electronic format?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately not. We have no need for scanners at work hence we don't have them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Where did the £750 profit in a new car come from. I can only comment on the profit my dealer had in a particular A3 3.2 £ door i looked at in january.

Audi UK forced 3, 3.2's on my dealer to meet targets etc and the list price was £27,750 ish with leather and a few other options. The dealer offered me it for £23,350.

When he went to fetch our coffee, i turned his screen around and saw that the 3.2 had cost the dealer £20,350 (thats spec'd up etc). I don't know if that was true cost (i.e. with overheads accounted for) or thats what the car physically costs direct from audi uk.
Anyway it has to roll back at way more than £750! they mark up used cars at £2,500 more than they give you trading-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on ther Nervus. I'm sorry to say, but £750 profit on an A3 and £1700 on an A8 is utter drivel, unless it is what they are left with after giving a discount to the customer. The A8 is being discounted by upto to 10 grand at the moment (apparently)! They are certainly NOT making a loss of over 8 grand on each A8.

I would think the gross profit on an Audi is about 15-25% of the ex-VAT sales price, depending on the model (for the A8 it will be higher).

A way to get an indication is to take a look at the company accounts of one of the companies with Audi franchises and compare their gross profit to sales. However, this will be after discounting. So add on the average discount people get, and hey presto the gross profit margin they have to play with.

I agree with sentiment that I'm willing to pay up to £500 to a dealer than an internet broker for the convenience of a dealer service - espeically as it is like to last for the next 3 years, and you never know when you might need them.

I agree, I know a lot of the internet companies are just buyinig up delaers stock but it could come from the other end of the country. With my glf I had a few marks on it and it needed to go back to the dealer a few times until I was happy with it (ok yes I am fussy and very anal but when I am spending this sort of cash I think I am allowed to be)

Had the car come from the other end of the country I'm sure I would have managed to get it all sorted out but it would have been amajor hassle.

When I ordered my car I had a figure in mind I was willing to pay for the car and so long as the dealer came close I was going to order . In the end the difference between the price my dealer got down to was only a couple of nights out from the internet price!

J.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif My sentiments exactly, i will be using this technique come Saturday the 16th April 2005 at approx. 9am. Come on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Had the car come from the other end of the country I'm sure I would have managed to get it all sorted out but it would have been amajor hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a common misconception but my personal experience shows this isn't the case.
I bought an Alfa 156 from Ireland,via an internet supplier.
I expected 'grief' from the local main dealer,but it never materialised.It was in quite a lot for various suspension recalls (faulty bushes) and they never once treated me like a second class customer.
I congratulated them on this once and the service manager was quite open with his reply.
He stated that they bill the same labour amount to Alfa no matter where the car comes from,so it makes no difference to them whatsoever.

www.whatcar.co.uk have a helpful 'target price' facility.

[ QUOTE ]
Booster...

I bought mine from Leicester Audi too. When you say 10%, do you mean 10% off the spec'd price with VAT?

I got 6% from them, felt chuffed, then it turned out to be 6% off the basic vehicle only (no options or delivery etc) without VAT.

So really about 4%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch.

List for mine is £28122 and I got it for £25369 so a true 10%.

DISCOUNT !! what Discount, i wanted mine fast.. Burger discount, Next Day Delivery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Booster if you can send me an e-mail with the order. scanner maybe?

I have had several cars bought from dealers around the country that have been serviced by local dealers and have never had a problem or felt like a second class customer.

Don't forget the garage makes money from the service eliment.

I have also been surprised at the customer sevice that I have recieved so far from oneswoop. I have been assigned a customer service agent to look after me until the car arrives. They are even going to call me every fortnight to update me on the delivery status. I have never had that from any dealer including Audi and Mercedes, In fact I had to call them!

I can't see what a dealer can offer over and above what I am and have experienced thats worth £500!!

Well "Andy" the salesman who is really sound and we deal with wasn't in today, therefore going straight after work tomoz at 17:00....

He set us up with the demo so it's only fair we do the deal with him.

Ill let you know as soon as possible mate no worries

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Booster if you can send me an e-mail with the order. scanner maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't own a scanner but fax is no probs.

I think its worth upto £500 extra to have the car supplied by a local dealer.

I think most people have the right idea of getting an online quote and getting the dealer to match it as best they can.

It breaks the ice of mentioning 'discounts' without looking like a tightwad and lets them know your not paying anywhere near list!
- be prepared to walk away and play local dealers off each other too!