A3 convertible (petrol)?

S32B

Reaction score
Anyone on here got one?

I've just been talking to a mate who has been looking for one over the weekend, he said that there are only a handful around that are under two years old and those he saw were high in price, so much so that he's thinking about getting a new one on a PCP deal!

So if you currently own one or have been an owner in the past, do they hold the price...or is it just the dealerships pushing the price up now it's summer?

I've just looked for him and the new petrol version is either 1.4 or 2.0, Coast2coast cars have the new 1.4 at £25,537 and the 2.0 at £27,121 (both s-line).

How do you find the 1.4, should he go for the 2.0? Any other recommendations/tips for him?

I have one...1.4 S Line which is 6months old lovely car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
The 1.4 COD engine is superb. Tell your friend to just go ahead and get one.
Spring/summer is always going to be the most expensive time to buy a convertible.
Get a new one - it will be a facelift as well.
:racer:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Yep agree with Richard..The missus has a Seat Leon with the 1.4 cod engine with auto box..Can't fault it at all..:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
The 1.4 engine is a little gem, however some have said that the 1.4 felt a little underpowered for the heavy convertible body, you might find it better to road test one before you make your final choice...

Reactions: pburv
The 1.4 engine is a little gem, however some have said that the 1.4 felt a little underpowered for the heavy convertible body, you might find it better to road test one before you make your final choice...
Good point didn't consider the extra weight of the cabriolet..

We have the 1.4COD since March.
Performance wise you would never know that it is a 1.4 and the extra weight of a cabrio is not noticed.
This motor pulls well from low revs right up to red line and provides good economy, we regulary achieve 47 plus mpg on a run and will cruise the wrong side of 70mph with ease.
Go test drive one you won't be dissappointed.
Don't forget that cabs are around 4k more to buy new,than their equivalent tin tops, so that could be why used prices are higher.

Cheers guys I'll pass this thread link along, if it were me I'd be thinking either 1.4 with s-tronic or 2.0 with manual - same sort of money!!! :)

I would get the manual with the 1.4 if you decide on that engine. Far more fun to drive...

I've just looked for him and the new petrol version is either 1.4 or 2.0,
Coast2coast cars have the new 1.4 at £25,537 and the 2.0 at £27,121 (both s-line).

Have the Diesel version, so can't comment on the engine(s).
Don't forget to remind him to add his "options" money to the above prices.
If females are to ever be in the vehicle, then the Windbreaker is an absolute must !!

Enjoy.

Have the Diesel version, so can't comment on the engine(s).
Don't forget to remind him to add his "options" money to the above prices.
If females are to ever be in the vehicle, then the Windbreaker is an absolute must !!

Enjoy.
He has kids so I don't think that would be any good!?!? Does it make much of a difference if just the front seats are in use?

He has kids so I don't think that would be any good!?!? Does it make much of a difference if just the front seats are in use?

The Windbreaker cannot be used if there's anyone in the rear seat(s) - the design just doesn't allow.

Does make a fantastic difference when it's in place - women's hair that might otherwise be all over the place remains perfectly in place.
Particularly when the windows are up also.

On the motorway, it really comes in to its own for obvious reasons.

I prefer both the Windbreaker and windows to be fully down, although this is very windy.
To me, the point of the vehicle.

Every female has always disagreed and even if the journey starts with all down, within a couple of miles, all are up.

Have Fun.