a3 conversion to black edtion facelift

Reaction score
hiya im just wondering if anyone could help me. i have a audi a3 tdi 2004 small grill and i want to do a conversion if its possible to the audi a3 black edition 2008-2012 which is the 8p3 i believe,i need to replace the front bumper and wing on it regardless as it is damaged and i already have a black edition front bumper and grill and back bumper with grey splitter all of a 2011 one lying about,i dont want the led lights jsut the standard 8p3 ones, if its possible to do this conversion what other parts will i need? of anybody knows please get back to me asap as i really want to do this conversion asap if i can

wowzaa big job i guess, would you be able to help me and tell me what i would need to do the s3 8p2 conversion on my small grill 2004 audi

Yeah it's a big job, 8P2 much easier and cheaper, you just need 8P2 Bonnet, 8P2 S3 bumper, 8P2 S3 grille, 8P2 fog lights, fog light repair wires, 8p2 S3 fog grilles.

aww thats a shame as ive already got the black edition front bumper, so basically i need a 8p2 front bonnet(which year) and the 8p2 s3 front and back bumper and sideskirts, will i need new headlights as mine are the small grill (8p1)version. much appreciated also for ironborn in your time in replying back etc

Yeah it won't fit unless you do the 8P3 conv.

Sline or S3 front bumper (2005-2008)

Rear bumper (2003-2012)

Sideskirts (2006-2012) 3DR or 5DR

Bonnet (2005-2008) Single grille

No need to change headlights

No problem :icon_thumright:

yeah the 8p2 conversion seems alot more straight forward, thanks for your help bud, also so the sideskirts off a s3 sportback are the same measurements as the s3 3door? as i thought the sportback 5 door was longer,

Yeah the sportback is longer and has extra door blades and sills. Wanna see:photo:if do it

thanks again so basically the 3 door s3 sideskirts fit straight on and the s3 sportback (5door) ones also fit straight on no cutting down?etc sorry as im going to try and source some and i dont want no confusion and hassle buying wrong ones lol and sorry again im thick as fudgee

Lol mate, my bad. S3 Sportback sideskirts will not fit on a 3DR car. Same goes for the rear bumper and spoiler, tailgate. Everything else is pretty much the same

lol luckky eh so im going to have to find a s3 front bumper-(2006-2008), bonnet-(2006-2008),a 3 door s3 back bumper-(2006-2012) some s3 3 door sideskirts-(2006-2012) rear roof spoiler, alloys then im done :racer: also to fit the s3 8p2 front bumper on my car is it a straight fitment or will i need to cut the bumper reinforcer? will i need any more parts for this conversion? let me source all parts and bits and ill document it:hubbahubba:

Yeah that's it, reinforcer bar needs a little trim, nothing major. S3 Brakes, S3 wing mirrors and Bi-xenons to finish it off too :)

hiya rob yeah i did mate the 2009-2012 black editions look so nice but the job is just way to much effort after reading the link that ironborn left ,i mean if i could source all the parts in a job lot i would, i just wanna do somethink differant, at this moment in time ive had a look around for s3 bumpers and there hard to get hold of lol, but i dunno its either gunna be the audi s3 2005-2008 conversion or the black edition 2008-2012 conversion

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Always seems to be when ur looking for parts u can never find them or they are expensive.
I'm sure something will come up and ul get going with ur project.
Let us know how u get on m8 :)

yeah mate hopefully i can get the parts asap but tbh at this moment in time i think its going to be the 8p2 s3 conversion, although i wanted the 8p3 black edition conversion badly like when i started this thread ,

i didnt anticipate the cost after reading the thread that ironborn left and the car would be sitting on the garden for months on end, so thats why i think ive decided to go for the 8p3 s3 conversion that way all i need to source is front and back bumpers,sideskirts,wheels, and a rear roof spoiler,

which to be honest is more realistic after hearing what i need for the 8p3 conversion that way ill sort out all the parts asap then do it all and document it in one day hopefully
:arco:

yeah mate hopefully i can get the parts asap but tbh at this moment in time i think its going to be the 8p2 s3 conversion, although i wanted the 8p3 black edition conversion badly like when i started this thread ,

i didnt anticipate the cost after reading the thread that ironborn left and the car would be sitting on the garden for months on end, so thats why i think ive decided to go for the 8p3 s3 conversion that way all i need to source is front and back bumpers,sideskirts,wheels, and a rear roof spoiler,

which to be honest is more realistic after hearing what i need for the 8p3 conversion that way ill sort out all the parts asap then do it all and document it in one day hopefully
:arco:

I'm confused with the middle paragraph? so its the 8p2 conversion your doing....?

And i'm positive you'll to need to replace the reinforcement bar for a 8p2 s3 bumper... even if you've got a 8p2 sline you still need to replace it...

hiya yeah i have a 8p1 tdi and i did want to do the black edition 8p3 facelift but after finding out and working out costs and time doing it sadly ive decided its way to much for me, so im doing the 8p2 s3 conversion which is more realistic for me and yeah i think you have to cut the edges on the bumper bar so it will fit to what ive been told