A3 Cluster swap, Windows not working

Luch

Reaction score
I've swapped my old cluster (07 model TDI) with newer cluster from 09(TFSI) model. Everything else works apart from windows. When I hold on the keys the windows can go up and down, but when using the window switch they are not responding.
Would appreciate any help to sort this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like immo hasn’t been sorted. Does your cluster show safe message?

I've swapped my old cluster (07 model TDI) with newer cluster from 09(TFSI) model. Everything else works apart from windows. When I hold on the keys the windows can go up and down, but when using the window switch they are not responding.
Would appreciate any help to sort this.

Your problem is exactly same as i had with mine and i test everything from motor, switch packs, drivers sideccontroller and it was broken wires inside the rubber weather boot where the loom passes from the drivers dash area of 'A' post in the door ( The hinged area)
Pull back the rubber wiring loom boot and you should find 1 possibility 2 snapped wires inside.
Thats what i found with ours after testing absolutely everything and now it works perfectly.
Dave O

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How can I code this without the PIN for the new cluster?

Even if you had pins you wouldn’t be able to adapt Immo. It has to be done with more complex hardware like smok. You would have to clone security block on it. I reckon you have immo off on engine ecu.

Even if you had pins you wouldn’t be able to adapt Immo. It has to be done with more complex hardware like smok. You would have to clone security block on it. I reckon you have immo off on engine ecu.

I've already done immo off on the ECU, this didn't sort the windows issue

I've already done immo off on the ECU, this didn't sort the windows issue

Immo off will cause safe message and windows problem. You need to switch immo back on and pair ecu with cluster. No other way round mate.

Reactions: aqibi2000
Your problem is exactly same as i had with mine and i test everything from motor, switch packs, drivers sideccontroller and it was broken wires inside the rubber weather boot where the loom passes from the drivers dash area of 'A' post in the door ( The hinged area)
Pull back the rubber wiring loom boot and you should find 1 possibility 2 snapped wires inside.
Thats what i found with ours after testing absolutely everything and now it works perfectly.
Dave O

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Note when I restore the old cluster my windows work. So I hardly suspect it has anything to do with wiring/electricals

Note when I restore the old cluster my windows work. So I hardly suspect it has anything to do with wiring/electricals

Nothing to do with door wiring pal

Immo off will cause safe message and windows problem. You need to switch immo back on and pair ecu with cluster. No other way round mate.

Thanks mate. That would be a hard task for me and even getting someone to sort it over.

Thanks mate. That would be a hard task for me and even getting someone to sort it over.

No probs mate. You could try dealers, they can do it with Odis online, but won’t set the mileage. I do it for living but I’m pretty far, outside the UK.

Reactions: Mr_Dude and Luch
No probs mate. You could try dealers, they can do it with Odis online, but won’t set the mileage. I do it for living but I’m pretty far, outside the UK.
Odis usually won't work. Best way is to break a solder pin and reset mileage and everything. Then clone your old cluster to your new one. Then all the proper data, immo, mileage all gets transferred.
In the states speedosolutions.com offers this service.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ash187 does this. He did mine. Find him in the site sponsors section. Audi retrofits.