A3 BKD 140 Remap @ 120k Miles - ESSEX/LONDON

Max Ruddock

Reaction score
Hi All,

Had my A3 carbon-cleaned at the weekend by Enginer Carbon Clean - what a difference!

Was speaking to the technician and got talking about remaps. I was always under the impression that they are better to do on newer cars - not my 12 year old A3!

Anyway, have been having a look at some remaps and all seem to be around 30-35 BHP+. If I'm honest, I want a balanced economy/torque increase rather than going power nuts..

Does anyone have any recommendation for Essex/London area (or anywhere surrounding?). Quite happy to travel if it's reputable and well recommended.

Cheers :)

Try Rob at JR Tuning in Maidstone. Loves his Audi's does Rob and owns a gorgeous RS6 which he has mapped to 2.9sec 0-60, so he knows what he is doing.

What did the carbon clean do?
Clean off the carbon build up on the turbo veins, EGR I guess.
I would also be wary of a remap on a 12yr. old BKD. If you do then AMD Techik at Lakeside would be my choice.

Any reason for not mapping an old bkd? Mines 11, but it does have a "new" turbo though. Im thinking reconn'ed unit as it was slightly over £400 on its service history?

Hi All,

Had my A3 carbon-cleaned at the weekend by Enginer Carbon Clean - what a difference!

Was speaking to the technician and got talking about remaps. I was always under the impression that they are better to do on newer cars - not my 12 year old A3!

Anyway, have been having a look at some remaps and all seem to be around 30-35 BHP+. If I'm honest, I want a balanced economy/torque increase rather than going power nuts..

Does anyone have any recommendation for Essex/London area (or anywhere surrounding?). Quite happy to travel if it's reputable and well recommended.

Cheers :)

Good to hear there is a noticeable difference. Got a link/contact information for the service you used?

Any reason for not mapping an old bkd? Mines 11, but it does have a "new" turbo though. Im thinking reconn'ed unit as it was slightly over £400 on its service history?

I'm assuming that age of car would have over 100k miles on it. With an original turbo, I/Cooler, clutch, DMF and then a remap, I reckon they won't last much longer, could be an expensive year for repairs ahead.

Just my opinion of course.

Reactions: SnazzyWafles
Yeah, mines just budged past 75k and I'm budgeting for clutch + dmf at 100K which I think is about right. Would you mine letting me know what on earth a I/Cooler is? popped it in google and nothing popped up :)

Yeah, mines just budged past 75k and I'm budgeting for clutch + dmf at 100K which I think is about right. Would you mine letting me know what on earth a I/Cooler is? popped it in google and nothing popped up :)

It's the turbo intercooler

Reactions: SnazzyWafles
Ahhh okay, didn't think that was a wearing part if that makes sence, I take it, it just means the seals etc?

Anyway back on topic I'd figure a smoother, less "spikey" map would be best for an older car as it would lessen the strain on the already aged parts. Although any map that increases power will increase wear so while it might not be the cause of things breaking, it will speed up their demise.

I've got an 11 year old BKD, and I'm hoping to go for something with a smooth increase in power. I will however be budgeting for some of the parts to be going a little earlier than expected i.e. clutch. I'll also only be doing this after I'm happy that the car can handle it and I'm not neglecting any other part of it, my disc's are on the way out so they will be coming first.

Oh and one final thing, might be an idea to look into the health of your turbo before you start pileing on boost, as sadly some bkd's turbos have a habit of popping. Mine did, but it was down to past owner carbon deposits/egr going tits up, so you might be in the clear! :)

I had my car mapped at 125,000, it's 10 years old and has s new standard clutch, so far no problems

Reactions: Sherv and SnazzyWafles
Good to hear there is a noticeable difference. Got a link/contact information for the service you used?

Find the guys here: https://www.facebook.com/EngineCarbonCleanEssex/?fref=ts :)

I had my car mapped at 125,000, it's 10 years old and has s new standard clutch, so far no problems

Great to hear! Mine's going in for a new Clutch + DMF + CSC on Tuesday :) Had a guy contact me from Elite Remaps. Reckon I'm gonna go for the Economy remap as my insurer only wants to know about up to 25% power increase and nothing more!

Reactions: DJ_26
Try Rob at JR Tuning in Maidstone. Loves his Audi's does Rob and owns a gorgeous RS6 which he has mapped to 2.9sec 0-60, so he knows what he is doing.

Thanks, I'll give him a bell

Getting my 170bhp quattro carbon cleaned today, 119k and getting remapped next week. Still original clutch etc.

Reactions: Mujnu