A3 Audi Ipod Interface Installation

rytec

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone advise on this one. I have purchased a genuine ipod interface. Upon opening the box the loom which comes with it has a plug one end for the interface and the other end is bare terminals which are to be plugged into the back of the quad lock connector in a certain order. The manual is not clear as to where they go. It also has to be coded to tell it it has a changer present.
Any advise would be great.
Thanks
Ryan.

I fitted the same kit to my A6 C5, I found the instructions very simple TBH, I didnt need to code mine in either, What HU have you got?
I must say, its not as good as I expected, unless you buy an adaptor (ebay £10) it will not charge the battery, It takes the music from your playlists, not sure if thats the same for all models!
And the volume is quite low.
If given the choice, i would have spent a little more and got a iphone/pod kit with hands free.

Hi i have the Concert II+. I don't have a cd changer present so in the manual is says it will need to be coded to recognise the iPod as a cd changer. I already have the audi bluetooth car kit installed, but it wont stream music unfortunately and they only do a cradle for the iphone 4s and i have a 5.

Hi, can anyone advise on this one. I have purchased a genuine ipod interface. Upon opening the box the loom which comes with it has a plug one end for the interface and the other end is bare terminals which are to be plugged into the back of the quad lock connector in a certain order. The manual is not clear as to where they go. It also has to be coded to tell it it has a changer present.
Any advise would be great.
Thanks
Ryan.

Hi Ryan

Where did you purchase the iPod interface from... Im struggling to find any on the net.

cheers

We have the original ipod interface for sale, but it requires the specific glovebox socket to fit the holder.

Hi i purchased it from TPS. Which is a VAG trade parts supplier £85, but i have since realized i had a part missing in mine which is why i was struggling to fit it. If you do purchase one. Make sure you have two wiring looms in the box for the different type head units and also your ipod connection lead.
Thanks
Ryan.

Hi how will i know if i have the correct type glove box to fit?
How much do you want for it?
Thanks
Ryan.

You have to order the module with your specific loom, they usually only come with 1 anyway, not 2 looms.

If you haven't got a changer or ipod module fitted atm, then you need different glovebox to fit it as factory.

A quick question, where do you get the adapters for connecting the ipod? I have the ipod connection in the glovebox but need (I'm guessing) some sort of plastic adapter so the ipod can plug in at the right height and not put strain on the connection. Searching for adapters brings up other after market options of getting an ipod connection in the car. oh btw it's an old ipod touch, not sure if ipod touch 4th gen or 3rd gen, it's the old slim one with 3.5" screen.

I got the holder/adapter. What do I need to get so that the ipod will charge?