A3 Air Con (Audi Newbie!)

Wiles1991

Reaction score
Guys,

Just purchased an A3 S-line 2 days ago, I'm new to Audi after having Vauxhall's in the past... not sure if I'm missing something but I have tried to turn the air con with every possible combination of airflow selected and also when the vents are actually blowing air... when pressing the AC button the light illuminates but doesnt stay on and the Air Con doesn't appear to work... am I missing something out that I need to do before the AC is turned on or could my AC be knackered?

Cheers

In mine (basic not climate control) once you press the button for AC to be on it stays on no matter what I do. It starts up again with AC on also.

Sounds like you may be yet another victim of the A3 8v Achilles Heel. Check your a/c condenser for stone damage, and hope that your dealer is prepared to put things right - seeing as you've only had the car 5 minutes.
Good luck

Sounds like you may be yet another victim of the A3 8v Achilles Heel. Check your a/c condenser for stone damage, and hope that your dealer is prepared to put things right - seeing as you've only had the car 5 minutes.
Good luck

It's a 63 plate not from an Audi dealership so I haven't bought it from an Audi dealer brand new... probably going to have to fork out for that put right... But thanks for the suggestion though I'll take a look when i finish work in the morning and see if i can see anything, the one thing I forgot to check before i purchased was the AC! Damn it!

Thanks

If you bought the car from a used car dealer get them to fix it or reject it and ask for your money back.

Reactions: richinsoton and SamR92
It will cost over £800 to repair my ac went down after a year , unproted condenser damage

If you bought the car from a used car dealer get them to fix it or reject it and ask for your money back.

This.

Any reputable car dealership should be doing full health check on cars they're selling - I'd be very surprised if an AC check wasn't on the list

Reactions: davc
IT's from a fairly reputable dealer in Newcastle (Henson Motor Group) They have an aftersales care team, I will give them a shout and see if i can get something sorted. They did hand me a sheet as well of checks on a checklist of things checked, I'll see if it's on there.

Thanks for all the responses!

Reactions: davc
My FL s3 has the exact same problem, pressing the AC button the light comes on but remove finger and it goes off????
So no A/C at the moment, spoke with dealer he said book it in, my problem is surely these things get checked during PDI checks and before new owner arrives to pick up new motor.
Booking car in to local dealer will take all day for possible 10min fix.

Have any owners with new FL s3 found the same problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IT's from a fairly reputable dealer in Newcastle (Henson Motor Group) They have an aftersales care team, I will give them a shout and see if i can get something sorted. They did hand me a sheet as well of checks on a checklist of things checked, I'll see if it's on there.

Thanks for all the responses!
Just remember that under the new sale of goods laws you can reject it very easily within the first 30 days now if faulty. It's worth reminding the dealer of this when you go back. Clearly if you like the car you want it fixed, but fixed properly!

Reactions: pburv
Just an update on this - I got it booked in at the dealer i bought it from to be fixed on Wednesday and they will do everything to get it fixed they said, thanks for the suggestions! :) after all they ticked off the air con on the checklist as working so (obviously not!)

Reactions: SamR92