Wanted A3 / A5 Sportback TFSi

50Five

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had a deal in place for a 2011 A3 1.4TFSi Sport Sportback to take the place of my now scrapped 2006 A4 Avant 2.0 Tdi Sline. However, that deal crashed so I now find myself driving my girlfriends old car, a 2010 Suzuki Alto. It’s fine, and nice of her to give me it for now but I need a proper car again.

I have been looking at A3’s for months but struggle to find one which matches my requirements and is within my budget. When I do they are a distance away and by the time I make contact someone local has made the purchase. I am based in Edinburgh but happy to travel anywhere in the UK for the right car. I hadn’t even thought about an A5 but on doing my research the Sportback seems like a good option which fits my needs.

I was going to pay just over £5000 for the A3, I would prefer to keep any purchase south of £6000 for A3 or A5, however, for the right car it could increase. I am not a fan of SE spec on the A3, I prefer Sport, Sline or Black Edition although I am aware that narrows the possibilities somewhat. The A5 SE spec is something I would consider.

So, if you or someone you know of have a car you are selling that might suit, please let me know.

Many thanks for reading

UPDATE
Hey all, a very Happy New Year to you all. I have been having a little bit of a rethink and I would like to add an A1 5 door, similar spec to the aforementioned A3 and A5 to my wish list.

Thanks