Hash

Reaction score
Hi guys I’m new here,
I’ve recently got a a3 8y edition 1 well it’s been couple month now but just discovered this website ☺️
Anyone know if the ambient lighting can be turned on during as mine only come on in evening?
Also
Has anyone had luck with coding as I’m wanting lock the car whilst the car engine is running? And has anyone tried the video in motion
And finally
This is a daft 1 but my car came with the Audi puddle lights (rings) but I had to install them myself but they only supplied 2 so I fitted them in driver and passenger side doors. Is this normal? or do they provide 4? I assumed they would provide all 4.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 56978D0F-359E-495E-9256-02CC86B2E315.png
    56978D0F-359E-495E-9256-02CC86B2E315.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 683
Hi guys I’m new here,
I’ve recently got a a3 8y edition 1 well it’s been couple month now but just discovered this website ☺️
Anyone know if the ambient lighting can be turned on during as mine only come on in evening?
Also
Has anyone had luck with coding as I’m wanting lock the car whilst the car engine is running? And has anyone tried the video in motion
And finally
This is a daft 1 but my car came with the Audi puddle lights (rings) but I had to install them myself but they only supplied 2 so I fitted them in driver and passenger side doors. Is this normal? or do they provide 4? I assumed they would provide all 4.

Thank you in advance

Hi Bud, welcome to the forum.

I have an S3 and have noticed the Ambient Lighting is off during the day too - unsurprising really but I've been in other Audi's where it's still clearly visible during the day.

It's understood that there isn't much coding available to the 8Y platform at the moment, but that will no doubt change in the future with regards to your Video In Motion and locking with engine running question.

And lastly, it's normal for Audi to only supply the puddle lights for the front doors. My previous two S3s (brand new factory orders) have only had them front fitted.

What device are you using to display videos on the MMI?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hash

I have an S3 and have noticed the Ambient Lighting is off during the day too - unsurprising really but I've been in other Audi's where it's still clearly visible during the day.

It's understood that there isn't much coding available to the 8Y platform at the moment, but that will no doubt change in the future with regards to your Video In Motion and locking with engine running question.

And lastly, it's normal for Audi to only supply the puddle lights for the front doors. My previous two S3s (brand new factory orders) have only had them front fitted.

Iv seen a couple of pics of ur s3 looks 10:10 mate. And the video is downloaded from YouTube on to a USB stick which connected through usb c, works bang on whilst car is stationary. There is a way to watch it whilst driving to but need additional purchase.
Also thanks for the info on the flood lights, I think I might purchase a set for the rear doors to make it look complete!
And mate try using the car lighting in manual instead of auto lights as that makes the ambient lighting come on during day apparently, Iv not tried it yet but will do when I get out.

Iv seen a couple of pics of ur s3 looks 10:10 mate. And the video is downloaded from YouTube on to a USB stick which connected through usb c, works bang on whilst car is stationary. There is a way to watch it whilst driving to but need additional purchase.
Also thanks for the info on the flood lights, I think I might purchase a set for the rear doors to make it look complete!
And mate try using the car lighting in manual instead of auto lights as that makes the ambient lighting come on during day apparently, Iv not tried it yet but will do when I get out.
Not sure you will get video whilst moving, it could be awhile before coding can be done on the newer models.
The lighting inside the car is set to Auto along with your headlights, soon as the sensor hits the level it will all come on, I am not sure you would see it that well during the daytime anyway! (for this reason I have never turned the lights to manual so cannot say if they stay on!!)...you could set the sensor to read the light level time as earlier via the MMI, but would probably put your headlights/ambient on at 5pm instead of 6pm!.... leave it as it is, that way when it comes on you enjoy it more, on all the time it takes the effect away ;-)

Not sure you will get video whilst moving, it could be awhile before coding can be done on the newer models.
The lighting inside the car is set to Auto along with your headlights, soon as the sensor hits the level it will all come on, I am not sure you would see it that well during the daytime anyway! (for this reason I have never turned the lights to manual so cannot say if they stay on!!)...you could set the sensor to read the light level time as earlier via the MMI, but would probably put your headlights/ambient on at 5pm instead of 6pm!.... leave it as it is, that way when it comes on you enjoy it more, on all the time it takes the effect away ;-)
Yes your right that way can enjoy it more :)
What’s your best light combo?

Hi pal I just picked up my a3 and ambient lighting was only at night you can either put on dim lights/ side lights or code Scandinavian rear lights and it will always be on