A3 8Y 35 tdi chiptuning / box

Fabf01

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I would like opinions on the power modification on the 35 tdi 150 engine. The car is under manufacturer warranty and the remap is detectable by the manufacturer. There remains only the tuning box possible so I hesitate because I am not a fan of certain tuning boxes.
Thanks

Similar position to you, i was considering a plug in tuning box but decided against it.
The power is fairly good and i'm sure it has improved a bit too with more miles.
I have Just decided to live with the power i have for now, if i decide to purchase the car at the end of its lease, then I will go for a proper live tuned remap, not a plug in box.

I'm curious to how the manufacturer can detect a change to the engine map?

Reactions: Fabf01
I will put a tuning box but not just any box because there are several techniques and models… I have to work on the subject…. Audi vw can see flash via dtc Odis code td1 t10 and car is blacklisted. I had this experience on my golf 7 gti remap and original reset. I went to the 120mkms service and the dealer informed me that the vehicle has been modified… So now I stop the remap because the car will still be detected even after a resale. So tuningbox

Tuning boxes primarily fool either the rail pressure sensor or fuel temperature sensor reporting a false under reading to the ecu so the software in the ecu cranks up the fuel pressure to dangerous levels , not good especially for the fuel rail or injectors .

They also give BS figures sometimes to sell these things even figures higher than a remap , well that one got took to court in Germany !

Hi
Yes ok but not all, steinbauer and mtm work on injector / turbo / egt / canbus … other yes racechip, ptronic, …..etc use rail and is not not good for engine….

The car is under manufacturer warranty and the remap is detectable by the manufacturer. There remains only the tuning box possible so I hesitate because I am not a fan of certain tuning boxes.
Thanks
I was watching a video the other day (sorry, I don’t have the link to hand) which said that some remap companies work with manufacturers so that their remaps don’t invalidate the warranty. Needless to say, they are more expensive.

I think it might have been ABT that did that. Maybe with Audi, but for sure with Seat Cupra Leon/Ateca, the ABT 'package' did not invalidate the warranty. However if I'm not mistaken, it was an 'intelligent package' (not sure if it was a box or a remap), that only applied the extra 50+bhp or so, once the engine has reached the correct parameters. So some did 'complain' that you didn't get the full extra power all the time.