1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Facelift A3 8V Sportback spare wheel

FredrikA3 Sep 21, 2017

1. FredrikA3

FredrikA3 Registered User

Hi guys,

I got a Audi A3 8V Sport Sportback FL and was stupid enough not to spend a few more bugs on a spare wheel. I then figured out the jack was not included but only foam.

I just had a look at ebay and finds two different size spare wheel for A3 8V. There is 16" and 18".

My car is purchased with 18" alloys and have Audi Sound System installed.

Anyone knows which spare wheel to go for?

I also found this, but if I remember correctly, my sportback don't have all this space under the mat. https://www.ebay.com/i/391850283188 (I am in Canada these days, while the car is in Denmark, so can't go check)

Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. FredrikA3

Looks like I may be able to respond to this myself.

From the Audi Denmark website it says: If you have purchased a Quattro, Audi Sound System or Bang & Olufsen Sound System you will need to purchase the 18" spare wheel.

4. musicegbdf

musicegbdf Registered User

The FL doesn't have a spare ? The PFL did . That is plain mean. Our base model vw up has a full size spare !

5. FredrikA3

Which model do you havd? It was for sure possible to purchase a spare wheel for my Sportback here in Denmark and I still see it on the equipment documentation.

6. h5djr

h5djr Registered User Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

My March 2017 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI quattro Sport s-tronic came with a space-saver spare wheel as standard. Having had a rear tyre puncture just as I crossed from Holland to Germany last year and had to sit on the hard-shoulder for ADAC to come and change the wheel and then drive 100 miles to my over night stop at 50mph, I now carry a full-size spare when I go on long journeys.

7. musicegbdf

Now I am confused I thought you did not have a spare . Yes I do , it is the space saver and have the speaker inset to it .

8. Russkiya

Russkiya Registered User

Does anyone know if a 19" alloy would fit in the wheel well if B+O is fitted?

Thanks

9. FredrikA3

Which size is your spare wheel, 16" or 18"?

if the danish documentation is correct you should have the 18" as you have the quattro.

10. FredrikA3

I don't as it was an extra cost, which I was stupid enough not to pay. I didn't see your first post was a question, I thought you stated that you couldn't get one for the FL. Sorry mate.

Nothing is included here in Denmark as our cars are damn expensive, somdealers remove everything to bring down the starting price.

11. FredrikA3

19" was never sold with the A3, so you should go with the 18" space saver wheel

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. h5djr

h5djr Registered User Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

My full size spare is 17", the same size as the main wheels on the car,

14. musicegbdf

Ahhh I see . Yes same happened for my daughters A1 , I bought her one for Christmas. Was fun seeing her unwrap it haha