A3 8V Phone Mount?

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
Hey
I was thinking of getting a cup holder phone mount, but I think they may look a little Naf.

I have a very heavy S9 Note with a thick rubber case so I am not sure the magnets will hold for the vents.

Also I did have a magnet one once and it erased one of my work cards and had to pay £5.00 due to the magnets so I am not really keen on getting another magnet holder.

Whats your thoughts, is there any Auto hold ones like you can buy with normal vents, you put your phone in and closes by itself?

I have seen clearmount ones but they want like £40.00 for a little bit of plastic, no thanks, also they dont have auto close ones from what I can see.

Any of you got any suggestions?

Thanks again all.

I always keep my phone in the cupholder. I never have a case on my phone so the the thought of a daft magnet stuck to my phone repulses me. I remember years ago there was a round foam holder that sat in the base of the cup holders that kept your phone secure. If I could find one I’d buy that again, but it was yonks ago.

I need mine for sat nav so stuck half way in a cup holder would not work for me, that would be dangerous.

I have one that is metal it fits between the 2 vents perfect there's a pic here

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no picture, is it magnetic?
Do not want magnetic as it erased my card once when I put my phone in the same pocket as the cards.
Where did you buy it?

I have the magnetic one too.

The small disc on my phone is not magnetic as far as i can tell,hasn't affected my cards
anyway.

Check Amazon cheap
8957c5834915ba6d82bde09fc3bc5236.jpg

Only thing is these are designed for the A1 so where it sits between the vents you have to shave about a 1MM of

Check Amazon cheap
8957c5834915ba6d82bde09fc3bc5236.jpg

Yeah I seen those, the only problem is they go over the hazard button on the A3 and people of complained not being able to get to the hazard.

Looks like I am stuck with a magnet one, cant see anything else for the A3

https://www.oem-mounts.com/product/audi-a3-8v
got this with the cradle that pinches the phone from the sides. Holds my iPhone xs max with a case very well.

Ah thats cool, they dont have a picture of the whole set up.
Is it just a vent holder and a squeeze unit?
Does it have a easy release?
£20.00 for everything that I need?

Thanks mate

Ah thats cool, they dont have a picture of the whole set up.
Is it just a vent holder and a squeeze unit?
Does it have a easy release?
£20.00 for everything that I need?

Thanks mate
https://www.oem-mounts.com/product/cradle
It’s a spring loaded squeeze with rubber bits for grip.
will try and get a pic next time I’m in the car. Think I posted one on here ages ago but can’t seem to find it.

Last edited:
I’ve had clearmounts on my last 3 s3’s. They are literally the best, strongest and neatest solution. Fast shipping from Canada too. I’ll probably never not have one again

One thing that really annoys me is you can buy the magnet one for 29 CDN but you cannot buy the squeeze mount by itself, you have to buy them both.
Very strange they do not offer the squeeze mount alone.

I am not paying 40CDN just for a squeeze mount and never use the magnet one, such a waste

https://www.oem-mounts.com/product/cradle
It’s a spring loaded squeeze with rubber bits for grip.
will try and get a pic next time I’m in the car. Think I posted one on here ages ago but can’t seem to find it.

Thanks mate that would be greatly appreciated
I have sent clearmounts a email to see if they will sell me the squeeze mount only for the same price.
Very strange they dont sell it by itself.
I would probably buy as its CDN dollars so not that bad, but not buying both for the sake of it so will lose my business.

Clearmount wont sell just the squeeze mount alone but have offered to give me 2, 1 for a replacement.
They have offered $5.00 off as well.
So $35.00 + $10.00 postage
£40.00 for a simple bit of plastic -- No thanks
I find it crazy that if I have normal vents I could get a really good cradle for £15.00 - £20.00

Well don’t buy it then! ****** hell. It’s a great piece of kit and it’s pure quality

WOW Dude calm down
Just because I think its expensive for what it is, there is no need to get so defensive and pretty much swear by blanking out letters.
I was not offensive and did not swear or hack on the company, I just said its expensive for what it is.

Anyway to continue on. I think OEM Mounts seem to be my best bet for £20.00
They seem to do a fast charger base but I am not sure they do it for the A3, seems Merc only, I have emailed them to see if they will do one for the Audi

Lol. My comment looked worse than is was. I typed b.l.o.o.d.y. I didn’t even type the f-word

Lol. My comment looked worse than is was. I typed b.l.o.o.d.y. I didn’t even type the f-word
Oh right lol sorry.
They are probably amazing quality, but 40.00 is a bit much for me.
I wonder why there is not many option for the Audi considering how popular they are.
I hope OEM mounts do the wireless charger one, but not looking hopeful right now.

Upload 2020 10 1 20 44 9

Here you go. the mount is on a swivel ball mount and I found others clamps and attachments from other brands with a similar ball mount can be attached to the mount. My old Belkin vent mount bracket can be attached to the mount.

Thats perfect @AlS3BE
I will buy that one.
I actually have a fast charge on a mount so hopefully I will be able to use this mount for that, if not this looks like a good mount anyway

Thats perfect @AlS3BE
I will buy that one.
I actually have a fast charge on a mount so hopefully I will be able to use this mount for that, if not this looks like a good mount anyway

it’s held up well for 2 years now, spring is still nice and tight. Holds the phone steady even in my spirited driving. Like you I wasn’t keen on a big magnet in my phone or car so opted for the cradle.

Shouldn't have my Clearmount on the car when I traded it in, should've kept and sold it! Definitely an awesome solution, wish I could have one on my S4. You can also put a wireless charger on it (Clearmount sell one). You can buy more than one with someone else and split the shipping, that's what I did :)

Yeah I have a quick charge caddy already so will take it apart and try attach it to this.
£20.00 is a lot better than £40.00 for the clearmount.

Again I am so surpised there are not more companies that do mobile phone solutions for Audi and Merc as they are big players in the car market, but hardly any good car holders.

Thanks all for the help

Spent 20 quid on the OEM mount.

arrived today. easy to fit. don't need pry tools. strong magnets. does the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought the dual magnet and cradle, it was only a extra £5.00 so thought might as well.
Will see how it fits when it arrives.

Just bought the dual magnet and cradle, it was only a extra £5.00 so thought might as well.
Will see how it fits when it arrives.
Keep us posted mate as I'm looking at options too. I've normally just kept it above the cup holder in the small alcove, but bit of a nightmare with a GPS going and changing tunes!

Keep us posted mate as I'm looking at options too. I've normally just kept it above the cup holder in the small alcove, but bit of a nightmare with a GPS going and changing tunes!

Yeah I kept mine in the cup holder as well but it kept falling over when I turned the corner lol

Will do mate, should be all installed on the weekend.

What a palava for someone that's never owned a Audi or fitted a mount before.
I got there in the end.
The OEM mounts ring is very thin and flimsy, would like it a touch thicker.
I put my old wireless fast charging mount onto it so I only needed the metal rings.
25 00 for a thin piece of metal, but it works I guess.

Attachments

• 20201013_142052.jpg
    20201013_142052.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
  • 20201013_142058.jpg
    20201013_142058.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 213
That’s quite odd. Mine is thin ,really has to be for the vents to go back in, but it’s a very sturdy/hard bit of metal with little to no flex. Once fitted it’s pretty solid.

Its ok, I knew it would be thin, but it did bend at the rings a bit, just thought it would be a little thicker.
I am happy with it though, and glad I could put my £30.00 old wireless charger on it, and I have access to the hazards as well.
Thanks for the recommendation

Reactions: AlS3BE