1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A3 8V FL Xenon LED difference

FredrikA3 Jan 2, 2017

1. FredrikA3

FredrikA3 Registered User

Hi,

So I am thinking about replacing my old A3 8P with a 8V FL. I can see that xenon is now standard but you can purchase LED headlights + LED rear lights.

So the rear lights are easy to tell a difference from, but is the headlights any different?

The package here is 2.500 £ so I am considering not to purchase and just retrofit the rears later on.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Mark_86

Mark_86 Registered User

I would imagine a retrofit of the front is rather difficult. The rears I can't see being a massive issue however... I'd wait for someone with more knowledge to comment on that though. £2.5k is alot of money, you could probably just go up a spec range and get them standard for that...

4. FredrikA3

FredrikA3 Registered User

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response. The 2.500 £ is the price when buying the car, not for retrofitting. Our pricing here is sick so it is often cheaper to retrofit than add from beginning, I know the rears can be retrofit from around 1.000 £ here, but not sure about the fronts. Both are xenon (and LED I think) so I guess it would only be the headlights.

Mark_86 likes this.