A3 8v facelift conversion guide

Just ordinary S3 or RS3 19'' ones.. from ebay or fb market for bargain, you will have orig and cheap ...
I'd love having S3 or RS3 ones, however, I cannot find ones below GBP 2000 ...
If you can link me to some (on PM if not allowed here ) on a decent price, I'd highly appreciate it.

I'd love having S3 or RS3 ones, however, I cannot find ones below GBP 2000 ...
If you can link me to some (on PM if not allowed here ) on a decent price, I'd highly appreciate it.
Try this

I have these

Reactions: Sve
Try this

I have these
Thanks a lot, mate!!!

Reactions: AudiRace
Hi guys,

I facelifted my car last year and thought it might be useful to share some of the part numbers, as it will be useful anyone wanting to do a similar project. Apologies if any are missing, as i have misplaced some of the receipts.

S3/ s-line front bumper
S3/s-line front panel
S3 front centre grill- 8v4 853 651 ac
S3 front lower outer grills- 8v3 807 681 & 8v3 807 682
Rear Bumper- 8v4 807 067 P
Rear diffuser- 8v3 807 521
Rear exhaust (s3)- 8v4 253 609
Facelift washer jet- not strictly required, but the prefacelift don't seem to sit flush on a FL bumper
Front xenon headlights-8v4 941 006 & 8v4 941 007
Rear Tailights(dynamic)-

.right outer: 8v4 945 091
.left outer: 8v4 945 092
.right inner:8v4 945 093
.left inner:8v4 945 094

Also you will need the connectors for the rear lights for which the part numbers and a guide has been covered by another member on a seperate thread.

Thw conversion itself was quite straightforward, apart from wiring the rear lights which i"m still having issue with and hoping someone on here could assist me with them, who has already undergone the process.

And here is the end result.
Do you know if this would be possible with a 2017 A3 8v 1.4 tfsi sport and if I could get sweeping front headlights to fit

Hi guys,

I facelifted my car last year and thought it might be useful to share some of the part numbers, as it will be useful anyone wanting to do a similar project. Apologies if any are missing, as i have misplaced some of the receipts.

S3/ s-line front bumper
S3/s-line front panel
Facelift washer jet- not strictly required, but the prefacelift don't seem to sit flush on a FL bumper
Rear Tailights(dynamic)-

Also you will need the connectors for the rear lights for which the part numbers and a guide has been covered by another member on a seperate thread.

Thw conversion itself was quite straightforward, apart from wiring the rear lights which i"m still having issue with and hoping someone on here could assist me with them, who has already undergone the process.

I’m also wondering if I could do it with the rear bumper

So I could get a 2017 8v s3 bumper n but it on 8v A3 yeh
Yeaah i have it.. But just sline.. Even front bumper you can.. The chassis design (because they call it 8v) since 2013 till 2019 is same..
8y chassis is probably different now..

Yeaah i have it.. But just sline.. Even front bumper you can.. The chassis design (because they call it 8v) since 2013 till 2019 is same..
8y chassis is probably different now..
What do you mean jus s line it has to be the s line car version to fit or a line bumper style to fit

What do you mean jus s line it has to be the s line car version to fit or a line bumper style to fit
s-line black
sport blue :)

You can't do front bumper unles u want to change the headlights and messing with coding and spending a lot of money

Attachments

• dsc_2458_0.jpg
    dsc_2458_0.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 133
  • dsc_5817.jpg
    dsc_5817.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 117
  • dsc_7050.jpg
    dsc_7050.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 116
  • dsc_2456.jpg
    dsc_2456.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
s-line black

You can't do front bumper unles u want to change the headlights and messing with coding and spending a lot of money
I’m fine in future to do tha with headlights jus needed to kno and do Audi do a dual exit diffuser for the standar A3 or will I have to get a complete s3 sline bumper

s-line black

And is it the A3 sline bumper or is it an s3 bumper that fits for fl I’m confused also would and s3 diffuser fit if it’s the s3 or if it’s the a3 sline bumper

And is it the A3 sline bumper or is it an s3 bumper that fits for fl I’m confused also would and s3 diffuser fit if it’s the s3 or if it’s the a3 sline bumper
they are same .. s-line stands for that A3 has S3 body shop
except that they added quad exhaust for S3 for A3 s-line they kept twin
Just get whole rear bumper saves the hassle

they are same .. s-line stands for that A3 has S3 body shop
except that they added quad exhaust for S3 for A3 s-line they kept twin
Just get whole rear bumper saves the hassle
So I could but a complete s3 bumper into an A3 sport the car doesn’t need to be an s line model

Reactions: Sve
So I could but a complete s3 bumper into an A3 sport the car doesn’t need to be an s line model
Mate, just see my post on the prev page, I explained and showed it with pics. Did the rear-end of my A3 recently:

Hi guys,

S3/ s-line front bumper
S3/s-line front panel
Rear Tailights(dynamic)-

And here is the end rehi dave hete so I'm hoping to get some advice I need photos of exactly what I'll need to change the front end of my a3 from 2014 to 2018 I believe its just the headlights, frond panel and front bumper

Hi mate I know you have been bombarded with a million and 1 questions and I'm sure you have answered them with good advice but I'm a total rookie and have a question regarding the change of my front end. My car is 2014 a3 I'm looking to swap to a 2018 front end.. is it true that I'll need obviously bumper/grills, lights but I'm not sure if I need a new slam panel or something different to seat the lights or if everything will just bolt together I have a budget of about 2k if possible may I zee photos of what I'll need to complete the task. Any help would be massively appreciated. Kind regards David. My email address is davidstewart86@outlook.com. incase you need it to send photos. Thanks.

Does anybody on here know if i could fit an S3 rear valance with the duel exit and fit an S3 quad tip full exhaust system straight onto my Audi a3 sline 2.0 tfsi 2017 quattro?

Hi guys,

S3/ s-line front bumper
S3/s-line front panel
Rear Tailights(dynamic)-

Hey guys! I understand that today is almost 2023 but plz help me with facelift. I facelifted my 2015 A3 limo.
In stock Xenon headlights.
Right now facelift Xenox headlight.
Everything works except headlights range level control. How to fix it? Please

PFL to facelift
Thanks a lot for exact description but i have Xenon headlights. This is a lot of difference between this 2 connections. I know that in FL no 55 module in Xenon headlights. Headlights range level controling by BCM. Maybe u know how to off headlights range level control?

I want just delete error from dashboard. Its the main reason. Maybe u know how to off it in VCDS?

Connect the headlight range controller (55) correctly and do basic settings to headlights..
Again on facelift bcm/headlights the 2 wires from pin1 and 2 of the headlights are combined.. on pfl they are seperate. (on matrix at least). Basic settings will not work if car doesnt see both the headlights.
I think it is different connections in Xenon and Led Matrix. May be you know how to just off 55 module without error on dashboard.

As you can see below: no 55/4b module on xenon facelift. Only BCM. This means if you cant make it work with the connections below, you need facelift bcm.
Yeah. I know. But I don't need headlights level control. I off it in 19 module and disconnect the plug but in vain.

Hate to come across you on the road... I know its a bitch to hook up the 55connector to bcm.. But I guess its your only option. And better for everyone...
I checked. No any problems with the light for somebody. Really. Sport susp lowering

Checked with 3 persons on back seat, trunkload and a trailer hooked up?? Thats what the height sensor is for.
Do it right or leave it alone...
If headlights then still not blinding your own headlight image will be pointing down a lot. Without passengers.
Retrofit isnt complete without the height controller..
Yeah u right! But i use this car without passengers and my trunk always empty.

I'm interested in face lifting an S3. I know for the PFL the Sportback and Saloon don't share any panels as the design is slightly different and the saloon has slightly different dimensions.

IMG 001
IMG 002

On the facelift I cant find any design differences between the Sportback and Saloon, even on ETKA the bumpers look identical. I know there was quite a lot of cost saving on the facelift so im wondering if a FL Saloon and Sportback front bumper are the same and if it will fit a PFL Sportback?

I would prefer to get a SB FL bumper but because of the colour of my car that would require a respray which I’m avoiding.

The Saloon bumper I found is in the same colour and only a year apart in age so it’s had similar sun exposure. The saloon and sportback front bumpers, house the same lights, same centre grill, same air guide grills, same washer jet cover, same tow hook cover so I’m struggling to see where the size difference is. There are some parts that are clearly obvious such as the doors which are completely different in shape and size but the front bumpers looks identical.

Hi. I'm in the process of collecting parts to change the pre-facelift to the facelift. I currently have pfl xenon headlights. I'm planning to install xenon FL headlights. Can I use pre-facelift converters in pFL xenon lamps? My current number 4g0907397P

Wysłane z mojego SM-G988B przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hello,
I too have just done the PFL to FL conversion but I too now have a dashboard light :(
"Headlight level controller"
I don't quite understand how to fix the problem, with the 55 or bcm module ...
Can someone explain clearly what to buy and how to connect? I can pay if needed! @markrol
Thanks

Everything is work New front, new headlights (from bixenon to full led), new radar and new 3q0 camera.
04e08f556ea2643ded790ad32772455a.jpg

Reactions: markoGTI
Hi guys,

S3/ s-line front bumper
S3/s-line front panel
Rear Tailights(dynamic)-

And here is the end result

Hi guys,

S3/ s-line front bumper
S3/s-line front panel
Rear Tailights(dynamic)-

What did you do about the auto leveling? Cheers also whats a easier way to contact you

If you have those lights you will just need to just extend the wiring loom as the plugs are located in a different place but yes once plugged in they will work fine however you will get a warning light. These will only plug and play if your car has xenon lights if they are halogen then will need wiring and programing. As for the bcm that can be flashed rather than replacing it
Could i have info on flashing the bcm as im stuck with the auto leveling fault cheers

Everything is work New front, new headlights (from bixenon to full led), new radar and new 3q0 camera.
04e08f556ea2643ded790ad32772455a.jpg

Mate for the headlights did you change the BCM module.? apart from wiring adapatation, I'm trying to make the front upgrade from an 8v 2016 sedan to 2018, bumper, headlights, grills will fit exact.? or need to change the full frame as well, I was reading in some posts that this one is the same but not sure any help will be much appreciated.

Mate for the headlights did you change the BCM module.? apart from wiring adapatation, I'm trying to make the front upgrade from an 8v 2016 sedan to 2018, bumper, headlights, grills will fit exact.? or need to change the full frame as well, I was reading in some posts that this one is the same but not sure any help will be much appreciated.
On the SportBack you only need to change the lights and the bumper, everything else is fine.
The most complicated part is connecting the lights... and nobody explains how to do it, it's complicated.