1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

A3 8v facelift conversion guide

BrummieLad May 7, 2018

1. A3SLine2014

A3SLine2014 Registered User

I fix anything from cars to houses. I'll give it a go. Ive a Merc W204 for 7 years now and maintained it myself and done salvage cars.

I am guessing the console trim top piece to remove then be the area by the shin to unclip or torx screw in position?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. cream2cream

cream2cream Registered User

Hello, recently fitted xenons to my car, some blind bat drove through red lights and smashed it last week,:gun2: so now thinking to do the facelift conversion as car needs a bumper/ headlight and both wings anyway

anyone know if the facelift headlights are a straight swop over or wiring different?

thanks

4. BrummieLad

BrummieLad Registered User

It won’t be a straight swap, it’ll require modification.

5. Ali Aktar

Ali Aktar Registered User

The red car is mine I have done the conversion and sold the car for good money. I have another one coming in today for a full conversion this comes with the xenons I will let you know what the difference is also I have most the s3 parts for the conversion all for the 5 door sportback but I ended up buying a 3 door 2.0 tfsi if you need help or any info just shout us or if you need any parts happy to help

6. cream2cream

cream2cream Registered User

the red car u converted looks the business, wasn't a fan of red a3's but this is something else with the s3 look especially with black grilles.

im now thinkin just to leave mine standard pfl xenons, as the guy who coded mine wants double as said will take double his time, and mines on a 65 plate so wouldn't look original, just thinkin of repairin it and gettin shod, as been drivin abt in a virtual dash courtesy black edition for last 2 weeks and im hooked on that dash

noticed u fit the pfl rear bumper did it make much difference to your resale price?

ive picked up a 2017 xenon 2day off the bay for 29quid, parts for them fl models are nearly 1/2 price of the pfl's but no use for it now, lookin for a driver side xenon pfl if you have one, don't mind if its got odd mark or scuff as will be fitting flyeye film

thanks

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  7. Ali Aktar

Ali Aktar Registered User

Yeh iv sold that now got a black one now delivered today doing the full conversion including the virtual cockpit. I have a few bits the light u want I do have have a look at the item number on eBay 163983066017

8. Adam Evans

Adam Evans Registered User

Sorry to dig this up, is thos part numbers for the rear tail missing any thing as when I look on ebay they look like pre facelift lights?

When I search for 8V4 945 093A this looks more like it.

the dynamics led tail lights is another kettle of fish (around £400 + £200 for plugs lol)

9. BrummieLad

BrummieLad Registered User

Hi Adam

A and C at the end of part numbers on the inner lights, depending on the side you need.

You don’t need to buy the adapters, as you can modify your existing wiring to fit the new Dynamic lights.

10. oIBRAHIMoA3

oIBRAHIMoA3 Registered User

Hello sir, im doing the pfl a3 to a3 fl headlight and rs3 fl bumper, for the headlights since they are xenon both pfl and fl do i use same modules and lamps ?