1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 8v facelift conversion guide

BrummieLad May 7, 2018

1. BrummieLad

BrummieLad Member

Hi guys,

I facelifted my car last year and thought it might be useful to share some of the part numbers, as it will be useful anyone wanting to do a similar project. Apologies if any are missing, as i have misplaced some of the receipts.

S3/ s-line front bumper
    S3/s-line front panel
    S3 front centre grill- 8v4 853 651 ac
    S3 front lower outer grills- 8v3 807 681 & 8v3 807 682
    Rear Bumper- 8v4 807 067 P
    Rear diffuser- 8v3 807 521
    Rear exhaust (s3)- 8v4 253 609
    Facelift washer jet- not strictly required, but the prefacelift don't seem to sit flush on a FL bumper
    Front xenon headlights-8v4 941 006 & 8v4 941 007
    Rear Tailights(dynamic)-

.right outer: 8v4 945 091
    .left outer: 8v4 945 092
    .right inner:8v4 945 093
    .left inner:8v4 945 094

Also you will need the connectors for the rear lights for which the part numbers and a guide has been covered by another member on a seperate thread.

Thw conversion itself was quite straightforward, apart from wiring the rear lights which i"m still having issue with and hoping someone on here could assist me with them, who has already undergone the process.

And here is the end result.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. Team Ibis Audi S3 quattro Sportback S tronic

What sort of cost was involved ?

4. BrummieLad

BrummieLad Member

The initial cost was in the region of 3.5k-4k including bodyshop charges but I sold my PFL bits and my leftovers from the FL front end for around 1800-2000, so total costs to me where around 1700-2000. However that said i did spend alot of time looking for the parts to get the best deal, as the parts are quite pricey unsurprisingly. The parts are a combination of Brand new from TPS and second hand from breakers. For example i didn't need the full front end, but found one at a good price due to cosmetic damage on some of the panels which then allowed me to resell the bonnet, wings etc..

Similarly the rear lights were bought at a decent price as the salvage yard only had the 3, which meant I had to buy one light from TPS and so on....

Jcbmally likes this.
  5. BrummieLad

BrummieLad Member

Also worth mentioning you have to be willing to travel for the parts for the best prices as they can be all over for the country. I've not factored my time and travel costs in the above. Some of them you will need to buy brand new due to them being rare on the second hand market, however that might have changed now since I done my conversion as the facelift was pretty new at the time.

Jcbmally likes this.
  6. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. Team Ibis Audi S3 quattro Sportback S tronic

I was wondering if it might have been cheaper chopping it in for the facelift. You have a lot more patience than me mate, I would have give up after removing the number plate. :respekt:

7. BrummieLad

BrummieLad Member

Nah mate this was way cheaper. No way could I have got the facelift for a an extra 2k. Lol tell me about it, i did wonder why i bothered at times, but overall enjoyed the project. It never took long to be fair, alot of time was wasted on the bodyshop to get their ass in gear as it was just sat there for well over 4 weeks.

Jcbmally, TYb and jassyo06 like this.
  8. Toonsoldier91

Toonsoldier91 Active Member

Sorry to dig a old thread up but by front panel do you mean the crash bar?? Or the full frame for the radiator etc ??

9. BrummieLad

BrummieLad Member

This will be the full frame, since the older one will not accomodate the new lights due to the shape being different

Toonsoldier91 likes this.
  10. cream2cream

cream2cream Member

hello mate ive just had a light front centre crash in mine; 2014 sportback, and was lookin at this sort of conversion, so all changes was bumper/ lights and front panel? the bonnet/ wings are the same as the prefacelift models?

been lookin on the bay and seems alot more facelift parts than prefacelift for some reason

thanks