A3 8V BCM Replacement

retrofix

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm starting to gather parts for Bi-Xenon retrofit to replace my Halogen headlights on my 2014 8V. I've already gathered all the parts and I'm planning every step so I make no mistakes.

I've checked and my BCM doesn't support Bi-Xenon (low) and ordered BCM high.

I've read online the swap is straight forward - you make a full auto scan and copy the coding of the old BCM and paste it to the new one, but my friend told me you need a dealership for CP, immo and dataset.

Is that true? Has anyone done it and can confirm?

Not sure about the BCM but some new/virgin modules need parameterised before they work then your CP and coding. Maybe not in that order.

Hello everyone.

I'm starting to gather parts for Bi-Xenon retrofit to replace my Halogen headlights on my 2014 8V. I've already gathered all the parts and I'm planning every step so I make no mistakes.

I've checked and my BCM doesn't support Bi-Xenon (low) and ordered BCM high.

I've read online the swap is straight forward - you make a full auto scan and copy the coding of the old BCM and paste it to the new one, but my friend told me you need a dealership for CP, immo and dataset.

Is that true? Has anyone done it and can confirm?
BCM is CP enabled. Hope you purchased a used one as setting up a virgin one has the potential to be a pain in the ***.

BCM is CP enabled. Hope you purchased a used one as setting up a virgin one has the potential to be a pain in the ***.

Yep, bought a used one.

Not if its done online with ODIS. Shouldn't be an issue.

Besides VCDS to copy the adaptations and coding, what is needed to be done with ODIS besides CP? Also why can’t use offline ODIS?

Not if its done online with ODIS. Shouldn't be an issue.
Really? No, and here is why...

The unit will be virgin / blank so will need parameterisation as well as coding and adaptation. If a new unit that supports Bi-Xenon headlights is fitted to a VIN number without them and then parameterised in that car via software version management what's gonna happen? ODIS will "try" parameterise the module for the VIN its connected to, ie parameterise for Halogen lights which renders the module useless for the retrofit in question.

Now why did I say "try" above? In order to parameterise a control module the module in question has to be within a vehicles design database as a compatible part. If not then ODIS and the SVM process will return "module is not valid for vehicle" and the procedure will fail.

Yep, bought a used one.

Besides VCDS to copy the adaptations and coding, what is needed to be done with ODIS besides CP? Also why can’t use offline ODIS?
Offline ODIS = not genuine, cannot perform CP removal or any official procedures.