A3 8P - tyre advice

those online shops are fake .. best is go to halfords..

They're not fake, loads of people get stuff from tyre leader. I spoke too soon... I actually looked on the account on saturday and the tyres are in transit and being tracked :)

Well... they came :) Gonna get them fitted on saturday morning! The new tyre + wheel combo will only work out to be a few millimetres bigger than my current setup with a 16" and higher profile tyre, but they do look huge haha. Yes I've checked they're the right size. I guess they look a lot bigger when they're not a car.

Here they are, got them fitted to the Ronals this morning, very happy with the result! Will get a better pic once I've cleaned them up and put some tyre shine on :)

IMG 0518

well I had brand new tyres done .. I must say guys int every store differs .. in other town they are **** but in other perfect.. These potenzas s001 are very good car sits very good there is no big difference btw 17'' inch wheels and 18''
I reached max speed 135mp/h
@Peto Pedro you can't have meet the type off woman i have meet cause they definitely say a Inch makes a big difference

Hahaha. It could be the difference between national average and 'above average'...

Hi guys

For those using the Goodyear Eagle Asy 3 what mileage you getting from them?

Got my first ever set of Goodyears last year and 11,000 miles later they are down to the wear indicator.

That normal?

Hi guys

Got my first ever set of Goodyears last year and 11,000 miles later they are down to the wear indicator.

That normal?
It all depends how you driving..
How many months you had them?
I have potenza s001 17" purchased them in January and front ones has now 4mm tread now.. Didn't last much but I been driving fast and braking often :D

Hi guys

That normal?
I used 225/45/17 Assy 3 during one summer season before I changed to 18" rims. I drove approx. 10000 km and they still have 7 mm tread on the fronts and 8 mm on the rears.

Hi guys

That normal?

Thats pretty quick to wear but how exactly are you driving? If you're accelerating hard and braking hard etc then it's obviously going to wear much more than driving in a laid back fashion or even more spirited driving. Also is the wear even across the tyres? If it isn't then it could be your alignment, which would wear certain parts of the tyre quicker than the rest.

Reactions: ch1z64
Thanks guys

I would say my driving is more laid back than anything. I drive mainly on back roads, sometimes motorway.

Was looking through some receipts tonight and the worn tyres were purchased January 2017, they were on the front of the car 6 months until they went on the rear.

The Goodyears I put on the front in August still look like new so wondering if its something to do with the rear of the car?

Wear looks pretty even across the tyres so not sure if its the alignment.

Still a bit concerning as im sure I had 20k plus out of Dunlops....

Wait, so the worn ones you're talking about were on the front first? I'd imagine that has a lot to do with it.

Some food for thought: The tyres that were on my A3 when I bought it a year ago, I'm not sure how long they'd been on there, but the car had been garaged and not driven for a year. Since I've had it I've put almost 2k on it (not that much), but when I took the wheels/ tyres off last week to replace with the new wheels/ tyres, the difference in the amount of tread at the front tyres and back tyres was night and day. The backs have loads of tread left still, the fronts are 2mm, more like 1mm from the tread wear indicators.

I'm selling them and think I'll have to take a fair loss on them, if the fronts were as good as the backs, they'd barely even pass as part worn I reckon.

Thanks guys

I would say my driving is more laid back than anything. I drive mainly on back roads, sometimes motorway.

Was looking through some receipts tonight and the worn tyres were purchased January 2017, they were on the front of the car 6 months until they went on the rear.

The Goodyears I put on the front in August still look like new so wondering if its something to do with the rear of the car?

Wear looks pretty even across the tyres so not sure if its the alignment.

Still a bit concerning as im sure I had 20k plus out of Dunlops....
omg man they lasted like year n half and u complaining ? mine front ones from january this year has now 4mm tread :)
I will be swapping them with rears soon :D

Appreciate my tyres have been on the front of my car but back to my original point-

11k out of a set of Goodyears? Regardless of rotation or the year of owning them.

Dont drive hard and dont do a lot of miles in a year.

Was just surprised to see them down to the indicator!

Do like Goodyears as they seem one of the quieter tyres, just wondered if anyone else had had this experience or if my car is eating tyres!