A3 8P - Temperature / Heating issue

Ellz-501

Reaction score
Hi all - happy new tiers!

Just got the car back, it was off the road a few months while it had a new genuine water pump fitted.

Drove about 30 miles this morning and the temperate gauge wont hit 90'C which it would always do before the pump went. Also the heating wont run hot.

Very frustrating as just paid a small fortune to have it "fixed"

Check ALL coolant pipes are getting hot, sounds like a possible airlock, they should test all this before handing back tbh.

Isn’t there an easy way to diagnose a stuck using various measuring blocks in VCDS.

One sensor in the heater matrix and one outside of that loop.

It would be very quick to check on a car which is sat at say 70 degree c since there should be a large delta between the two coolant loops if the thermostat is closing properly.

Possibly but quickest check for me are the pipes, cause if its not circulating, some pipes will be lukewarm or cold, it takes seconds to check that as we know.

Cheers, I will check the pipes after work and report back.

Dont have VCDS, so if pipes don't give me any joy I will have to go back to them and ask them to check :pensive:

Pipes were warm. It's back with the garage that did the work on the pump.

Basically, it hits 90'C when stationary but when I'm driving it drops and says below 90. Heating blowing cold. Not happy