A3 8P Red paint!

Foggy7

Reaction score
Hello people :yes:

I am currently trying to find an A3 8P TDi either 3 door or Sportback. To that end I have seen what appears to be a very nice 2004 S-Line but it's red!! Now I have nothing against red cars (quite like them in fact) but my experience is that the non metallic colours can fade badly! Is this still the case or am I sadly out of touch? Any comments/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks :think:

In addition to my red S3 I have a Golf GTi in Flash Red that was built in 1998. The red is as good as the day I bought it. I keep it clean and polished using Mer.
On the other hand at work there is a 51 reg Vauxhall that went pink. The car was never cleaned and the paint always looked dull.

prt

They only fade if you dont look after them. A work colleague of mine has a red 05 Astra that is starting to go! Theres something about Vauxhall red thats prone to it!

As long as you keep a red car polished and waxed, theres no reason for it to fade.

had an 1998 A3 that was lazer red - until crashed by its new owner a few months ago it looked like it was straight from the factory. Audi put clearcoat on the red paint to protect it & stop it fading. TBH, I wish i'd gone for another red A3

Ah, right! Thanks for that Khufu! That's the sort of info I was hoping to find on here. I'm fully aware that keeping the bodywork well polished will help protect it from fading but my last experience (not an Audi) saw me getting paraoid about it. I'm led to believe that blue base paint is susceptible to the same problem but if Audi are now protecting such colours with a protective coat then that clearly, is a different matter.

Think I might have to pop and have a look see at the S-line then.

P.s Anyone know of a good 8P up for sale? Not fussed about 3dr or Sportback.

:redrs4:

like lee r said ive only ever seen vauxhall's with this problem usually astras that have been absolutly killed by unmarked police or company cars but this was years ago i dont think even vauxhalls get this any more ..just wash and wax kiddo should be fine

a70a_1.JPG