A3 (8P) Pre-facelift DRL assistance

jamster007

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I don't have an image of my A3 with me, but have found an identical picture (below).

It's a 2004 2.0 TDI Sport in Mauritius blue and I have the standard A3 headlights.

I'm looking to upgrade the headlights to the DRL kind:

AUDI A3 2003-2008 8P BLACK LED DRL DAYLIGHT RUNNING LIGHT DEVIL EYE HEADLIGHTS | eBay

OR

AUDI A3 2003-2008 8P CHROME LED DRL DAYLIGHT RUNNING LIGHT DEVIL EYE HEADLIGHTS | eBay

They're both the same design, but one is BLACK and the other is CHROME..

I really don't know which one would look better on the car and would like some input please....

I quite like the black one, but I've not modified anything on my car, the grill surround is still chrome, alloys are chrome, etc.. so I don't know how the black headlights would look.. The chrome headlights are ok.. and I'm sure would look fine, but can I get away with the black??
Has anyone seen anything similar fitted?

Any thoughts guys?? Thanks very much!!

(Thanks to the person who's car image I've borrowed - it looks gorgeous!) :)
A3-AD-006.jpg

Those headlights on the picture are not standard/halogen ones, they're xenon headlights.

Cheers.

Yep, that's not the actual car, but I had to get a picture to show the colour of the car, etc. I'll have to take a pic of my car and upload later on.. but do you think the black or chrome DRL lights will look better?

Personaly i'd go on OEM bi-xenon...
Bu giving those 2 possibilities i'd go for the black ones.

Cheers.

Arent the Xenon lights meant to take out the wiper motor? I've head some nasty things about that... haha.. don't think it's worth the risk.

If you go for a good xenon kit i think they already have the proper protection for those issues. But to correct that you only need to get some diodes and install them on the wiring to the wiper motor to avoid return current.

With OEM headlights nothing happens.

Cheers.

OEM bixenons wont blow any wiper motors, I have a number of sets if interested :)

OEM bixenons wont blow any wiper motors, I have a number of sets if interested :)
yeah and they look much better and there's nothing like original parts. Cheers

Hey Guys, so what do these bi-xenons look like? Will they fit my 2004 A3? (pre-facelift) Also, NHN what's the pricing like? Do they have the DRL lights (that's primarily what I'm after)

If not then which of the above two lights do you think I should go with? I'm swaying towards the black, but can't be sure if they'll look right....

Hey Guys, so what do these bi-xenons look like? Will they fit my 2004 A3? (pre-facelift) Also, NHN what's the pricing like? Do they have the DRL lights (that's primarily what I'm after)

If not then which of the above two lights do you think I should go with? I'm swaying towards the black, but can't be sure if they'll look right....

have a look here for more info on the Audi xenon stuff

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/117857-xenon-bi-xenon-differences.html

I'd stick to OE parts. Xenons are the obvious choice.
Those aftermarket ones are mega tacky!