1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 8P front speaker wiring adapters

guysy Aug 11, 2018

1. guysy

guysy Member

I have been searching for ideas and information with front speaker changes, I was very pleased with the stock sound system although I think recent use has pushed the fronts to start to fail.

Im going to purchase the adapter rings for the front 6.5" speakers and use a component set to replace the speakers, I will leave the stock tweeters in unless they are an easy change?

My question is, popping the speaker grille off I cant see the speaker connector, which of the two speaker adapters will I need for the stock loom?

Im thinking these? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Spe...129230&hash=item25824d0c6d:g:TUAAAOSwLF1X4Srz

Or these? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-...987018&hash=item232f25f67d:g:U-QAAOSwCGVX4SmJ

Im sure its the first link?

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Genius

Genius Active Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Sportback Audi A3 S-line owners group S tronic DSG

Not certain which is right but looks likely the top one... Tempted just to get some of these myself was going to solder the spade connectors in but this looks much easier!

Just FYI same spec is 50p cheaper here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Ibi...tor-Lead-Cable-Loom-PC2-807-Pair/260491736887

4. guysy

guysy Member

Thanks I think the top one (wider) is the standard connection into the OEM speaker housing, order the adapters going to cut the original speaker rubber out of the housing and mount some aftermarket speakers into them. Fingers crossed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Genius

Genius Active Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Sportback Audi A3 S-line owners group S tronic DSG

Let me know how you get on with using the original speaker housing, ordered a set of adaptors for the fronts but not the rear doors yet so if its doable with the original housings then I'll mount the rears like that

6. guysy

guysy Member

Will do mate I’ll put some pictures up I couldn’t find an answer easily so will help others in future.

Genius likes this.
  7. Genius

OK ordered the same wires and they are the wrong fitment so going back, fortunately, don't actually need them as its dead easy to reuse the original housing with the connector on so done that and will post some photos shortly

8. guysy

guysy Member

I’ve got mine through not sure if they are corrector not, possibly not after you’ve said that. I didnt think of that use the old housing connector and connect it up inside.

Cheers.

9. Genius

Done 3 of the 4 speakers now, soon as I'm finished I'll post up the photos

10. Genius