A3 8P DRL's

lewi89

Reaction score
What is the best option to go for in regards to fitting the above?

I'd like to keep it as close to oem as I can. I've tried having a look for the official Audi ones but haven't had any luck so far.

Any advice on this? Any help would be appreciated!

Official DRL's can be fitted, what year is your car & assume you have halogen headlights currently.

It's a 55 plate.

I do indeed have halogen headlights at the moment.

We can fit the genuine oem bixenon headlights to which that gives you a drl halogen bulb location, so you would get the much better headlights & drl's, if you are discussing the later led drl strip headlights, that requires a new front end to fit the oem setup, of which we can do all this.

PM for more info :)

Reactions: Sayam
I've got my fogs set as my DRLs. Just a few boxes to tick in VCDS

I've only got halogen headlights too

How did you do this?

In the Central Electrics Model -> Coding -> Long Coding Helper

Go through it and tick Fog lights as DRLs (Might be worded different)

Look through the different Bytes and find DRL as foglights USA only (Again, might be worded differently)

Think that's all I did. Another option about fog lights will be in a different byte that will allow you to set the brightness of them, mine are at about 60-70% I think.

Haven't got VCDS with me at the moment, but will let you know the exact boxes when I can, if you can't get it working.

Also, I have the extended menu on, which lets me access Lights>Ext.>DRL. That lets me turn them on/off. Also a good way to show they're DRLs if you're pulled over.

In the Central Electrics Model -> Coding -> Long Coding Helper

Go through it and tick Fog lights as DRLs (Might be worded different)

Look through the different Bytes and find DRL as foglights USA only (Again, might be worded differently)

Think that's all I did. Another option about fog lights will be in a different byte that will allow you to set the brightness of them, mine are at about 60-70% I think.

Haven't got VCDS with me at the moment, but will let you know the exact boxes when I can, if you can't get it working.

Also, I have the extended menu on, which lets me access Lights>Ext.>DRL. That lets me turn them on/off. Also a good way to show they're DRLs if you're pulled over.

Will give this a go tomorrow :), don't have the extended menu as mine is a 2005 sport with the trip computer, av mpg. Does have auto lights so will plug in vcds and hopefully sort it out! :)

[QUOTE="fps_cod, post: 2490702, member: 45097"

Also, I have the extended menu on, which lets me access Lights>Ext.>DRL. That lets me turn them on/off. Also a good way to show they're DRLs if you're pulled over.[/QUOTE]

hi sorry to jump in here. i read that you have the 'extended menu on'. whats that? is it another menu on the dash hud?
cheers

hi sorry to jump in here. i read that you have the 'extended menu on'. whats that? is it another menu on the dash hud?
cheers

Hey it just adds a few extra options to the menu in the DIS, where you get the options to set the time, units, etc.

Off the top of my head it was, Wipers, Lights and something else. Wipers just let me turn the rear tear drop wipe on/off and put the front wipers into service position.

Lights let me turn my DRLs on/off and set the brightness of my footwell lights.

Hey it just adds a few extra options to the menu in the DIS, where you get the options to set the time, units, etc.

Off the top of my head it was, Wipers, Lights and something else. Wipers just let me turn the rear tear drop wipe on/off and put the front wipers into service position.

Lights let me turn my DRLs on/off and set the brightness of my footwell lights.

How is this enabled?

How is this enabled?

From NHN

You can turn on an advanced comfort menu in instruments 17 then adaptation channel 82 set to a 2 IIRC, also there's a long coding byte I think in central electrics 09 byte 22/23 also IIRC, this tends to add few more functions, but note these options are also based on the version of cluster you have as I had an 04 cluster & when options enabled as above didnt get the extra's, so I updated to a 09 facelift white DIS & all the functions are now there.

I believe the extra functions started from 07 8P onwards with the red DIS clusters.