A3 8p Armrest template

den911

Reaction score
Hi, i have a armrest i want to fit and i have all the bits i need minus the template ,i have done a quick search and and found a couple of posts but the links to download a template are dead,just wondering if anyone as a up to date template i can down load.Thanks

Dont need a template, just cut smaller hole & widen where necessary all with a dremel.

Surely that is just guessing ,and i don't mean to say it like you don't know what you are talking about.
There must be a certain position for the armrest bracket to line up with the console bottom bracket for the blind rivet nut and the 30mm hexbolt to fit correctly ..

Cut a hole thats smaller than the armrest bottom, specifically the inside edge of the bottom of the plastic trim that sits on the top of the console.

Ok...I suppose if i don't have a template i will have to use some common sense on it..I will measure the internal bottom edge of armrest as a starting point and just go a few mill below

Cut a hole thats smaller than the armrest bottom, specifically the inside edge of the bottom of the plastic trim that sits on the top of the console.

That’s what I did too be fair I masked it up and found the centre line and cut a hole like NHN said. Took about 5-10 minutes.

Putting the bolt in on the other hand was a pain haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: den911
/bump
I'm going to buy an armrest and I need to know which part numbers match to mine; concerning the fitting and also the colour, since there are dark grey but also black ones (?!) and I don't want to mess up the colour. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Depends what your interior colour is, but most are soul black.

Depends what your interior colour is, but most are soul black.

This must be soul black, right? It's the classic..do you know the part number of this specific armrest? Thanks

View attachment 268969
This must be soul black, right? It's the classic..do you know the part number of this specific armrest? Thanks
Wow, that interior looks soooo familiar :thumbs up:
That's the 'Audi Extended Leather' purchased and fitted May 2014: centre grab handles and armrests to all 4-doors - all for £1100 :friends:

Reactions: Audream
View attachment 268969
Best I can do:

EXTENDED Leather

And these were 2014 prices...

And BLUEY's interior still looks GOOD today:

BLUEY Leather 11 Jul 2023

OK, so I got my 2014 Extended Leather £s sums wrong - but well worth it anyway :friends:

/bump
I'm going to buy an armrest and I need to know which part numbers match to mine; concerning the fitting and also the colour, since there are dark grey but also black ones (?!) and I don't want to mess up the colour. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Diagram armrest

Hope this helps...

Hey, I got the armrest! Does anyone know the exact dimensions for cut off? Or even better, a real template. I mean, I can kind of use common sense, but would feel better if there was something solid/tested.